Who's doing Vipassana ?

Im Your Man

Vipassana is:

-a technique to eradicate suffering

-an art of living that allows to play a positive role in society

-mental purification which allows to face with calm and equanimity any problems in your life

Vipassana can really save the world. No kidding.

If it would be taught in schools, prisons, etc...

Check those videos:

"Doing time doing Vipassana" (an hour long documentary in an Indian prison of 10,000 inmates doing Vipassana)

http://current.com/groups/cultura/91903721_food-for-the-mind-vipassana-meditation.htm

"The Dhamma Brothers" trailer (in Alabama prison)

Hi everybody,

I went to a 10-day Vipassana meditation course last June and it completly changed myself for the better. I have much more compassion, more Metta to give, I'm more peaceful, less stressful. Seriously, I haven't experienced more than 5 seconds of stress, anger or any negative emotion since last June. Before going to this course, sometimes I was stressed a whole day, or in anger for a whole day just because of something that happened that morning.

I now meditate 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening. Unfortunatley I don't always take time to meditate so sometimes I only do it morning, or only evening.

Vipassana means "to see things as they are in reality"

"It is a way of self-transformation through self-observation and introspection. In English, vipassanā meditation is often referred to simply as "insight meditation".

I almost no longer milite for veganism. I do answer some of the questions people ask me if they are curious about my diet or how a vegan diet can be healthy, I talk from my own experience. But I no longer try to change people,s diet or even the way they see things, it is useless. Because the change must come from within themselves. A person don't just change his diet, it is a result of a change in the way they see the world. I do wear some t-shirts or buttons with animal rights slogan or "veganbodybuilding.com" sometimes, or when I speak for veganism I just give informations. With this information, its up to people to make decisions, we cannot change for them.

What I do now is talk about Vipassana, because this meditation can truly change people. They go to this 10-day course, where the diet is entirely vegetarian - and can be 100% vegan for those who want this - and they meditate for 10 days, from morning to evening, to eradicate the souce of their suffering, to find peace, to know themself better, et cetera.

It is the form of meditation which allowed the Buddha to be enlighted.

It transformed serial killers into Saints...

We need universal solution to universal problems (anger, war, hate).

With Vipassana, there comes vegetarianism, veganism, Metta (loving-kindness), respect for all living beings. Individual and Universal peace.

My Thai massage teacher says Thai massage can save the world. eheh... it would help, but definitely need Vipassana meditation.

MAY ALL LIVING BEINGS BE HAPPY.

MAY ALL BE PEACEFUL, FREE, LIBERATED.

To learn more or to register for a 10-day course:

Vipassana Meditation Website

A 10-day course is done in one of the centres of the Vipassana foundation, there are some in almost each countrie. You stay at the centre for the whole time of the course, you eat and sleep there, you remain silent and you meditate. It is totally free. When you finish the course, you may give Dana, Donation, so that another person can also do the course for free. Or you can come back as an old student or Servant to give some of your time to help at the center.

During Vipassana meditation one learns to observe the sensations that happear and disappear on the surface of the body and inside the body, and to not react to those pleasant and unpleasant sensations, gross and subtle sensations, but simply to remain calm and equanimous, to be aware of and understand their characteristics of rising and passing, the nature of Impermanence, Anicca.