Vegan Protein - Now Pea Protein vs Sunwarrior

Conrad

Hello everyone,

just wanted to ask what your take is on Pea Protein in general, and Sunwarrior protein.

Ive tried out a whole bunch of different vegan (non soy) protein, and ive settled with Now Pea Protein which has 28g of protein for a 33g serving. I get it here in Toronto for $27 taxes in and it comes in 907g containers. This comes out to 770 g of protein in each container. I use 2-3 scoops a day (each time mixing a scoop with a banana, creatine, and L-Glutamine)

Ive heard of sunwarrior protein, and have been relunctant to pay more for less protein. in a 35g serving of sunwarrior, there is 25g of protein, and it would cost me $50 (if i buy 3 containers). Each container is 1000g, of which 715 are protein.

The Now Pea Protein comes to $3.5 CDN for 100G of protein

The Sunwarrior Protein comes to $7 CDN for 100G of protein

A few question:

1)Is Sunwarrior still worth it? IF so so why?

2)Is Pea Protein fine to consume by itself? Complete protein?

3)When i make after workout shakes, i add a banana, water and Pea protein, tsp of creatine, tsp of l-glutamine. Is this ideal? I consume a shake right after working out.

My goals are to get larger (muscle mass), and when my leg heals (pulled my psoas muscle) get leaner (drop my fat deposits). Im currently 6'4" 227lbs

Thanks for you help in advance.

Sun Warrior probably tastes better and is easier to digest. The plain pea protein has probably a slightly better amino acid profile than sun warrior though. Both are fairly complete but not quite as good as when they're combined. I know some Canadians order the custom 70/30 pea/rice mixture from trueprotein but I don't know how that works out pricewise because shipping isn't cheap.

I know some Canadians order the custom 70/30 pea/rice mixture from trueprotein but I don't know how that works out pricewise because shipping isn't cheap.
16lbs cost me $30.95 for shipping and that covers brokerage/duty fees, ordering in bulk (16lbs) can help you save 5% off and another 5% when you use a discount code (check their forums for that)

I know some Canadians order the custom 70/30 pea/rice mixture from trueprotein but I don't know how that works out pricewise because shipping isn't cheap.
16lbs cost me $30.95 for shipping and that covers brokerage/duty fees, ordering in bulk (16lbs) can help you save 5% off and another 5% when you use a discount code (check their forums for that)

cant find the mixture. Could you link that to me?

cant find the mixture. Could you link that to me?

Go to Products>Formulas>Custom Solutions and make your mixture.