New Rules of Lifting For Women

Hi!

Has anyone heard of Lou Schuler's book, New Rules of Lifting For Women?

I'm just about to start on the program, but I'm having difficulty planning out my meals at the moment (add a Vegan twist to it), and according to the book I should be eating about 2000+ calories (5'6", 160lbs) when I'm on the program. Personally I only eat around 1400-1600/day and on the days I exceed 1600, it's very very easy for me to gain weight.

I don't have any sources of Vegan-friendly protein powders or soy yogurt since I'm not from North America or Europe, so I don't have access to those. Vega doesn't ship outside US and Canada too Anyone suggest how I can plan my meals?

I'm looking to lose A LOT of body fat through NROLFW. Should I jump straight in or should I go for a major cutting phase first?

Thanks!

Can't say I'm familiar with the title, but if you're in need of any products you can't get in your country, we can probably ship you Vega or anything else (so long as you check with your country's Customs regulations to ensure that the items won't be rejected upon their inspection). We're at www.VeganEssentials.com, and we ship tons of vegan supplements all over the world, Vega being a big one for what we ship internationally on a daily basis. If you need anything, use coupon code "tenpercent" and it'll take 10% off of your product total, too!

Just wanted to offer to help out and give a bit of a deal on anything you need

Can't say I'm familiar with the title, but if you're in need of any products you can't get in your country, we can probably ship you Vega or anything else (so long as you check with your country's Customs regulations to ensure that the items won't be rejected upon their inspection). We're at http://www.VeganEssentials.com, and we ship tons of vegan supplements all over the world, Vega being a big one for what we ship internationally on a daily basis. If you need anything, use coupon code "tenpercent" and it'll take 10% off of your product total, too!

Just wanted to offer to help out and give a bit of a deal on anything you need

Wow, vegan essentials indeed! Thanks for the tip, mate!! I'll have to check for sure Got any suggestions as to what protein powders are a good start (and a bargain!)?

My wife bought the book a few months ago... I think he's got some solid principles in there when he goes over them, but the actual lifting schedules seem unnecessarily complicated and seem to go against some of the ideas he put forth. That said, I bet it works quite well if you can figure it out and follow along.

It would help if you told us where you are rather than where you aren't. I'm lazy and rely on protein powders but you don't have to. Soy yogurt isn't really great. Do you have access to anything like tofu, tempeh, soy flour, etc?

My wife bought the book a few months ago... I think he's got some solid principles in there when he goes over them, but the actual lifting schedules seem unnecessarily complicated and seem to go against some of the ideas he put forth. That said, I bet it works quite well if you can figure it out and follow along.

It would help if you told us where you are rather than where you aren't. I'm lazy and rely on protein powders but you don't have to. Soy yogurt isn't really great. Do you have access to anything like tofu, tempeh, soy flour, etc?

I've actually heard some great stuff about the book, and about 99% seem to find them to work. Just wondering if the cutting works with the bulking together?

I do want to use protein powders, and I'm mainly looking for a preworkout and a post workout protein (preferably one with complete nutrients too?) and I really have no idea on protein powders and their traits (amino acids? gemma? all foreign to me..)

Basically what I can have regularly are wheat bread, brown rice, vegetables, fruits, and tofu. Not so much tempeh, seitan, or other soy products.

I read and still have his book when it was called the 10 New Rules of Weightlifting. It was basic stuff but made me realize I had to go down more on my squats(after reading his story). So I did. And within 10 months I went from the bar-315lbs below parallel for 5reps.

I never really looked at his diet plan nor workout plan.

I used to love tempeh, but no store in my town carries it anymore. Hemp protein disappeared too, and it's hard for me to find.. When I first went vegan I had access to all sorts of things, but the stores just stopped carrying them due to low demand for the products.

I live in a city of about 100,000+ people and can't find freakin' tempeh. WTF??

Sorry for my rant.. I just loved that stuff so much..

As for the book, I really wanna get my mitts on it!