Doug Graham- 30 years low fat raw vegan, serious muscle

Personally I think it depends on the individual and the training regimen. That guy might have muscles twice as big if he had a higher protein diet, but there really is no way to know. I DO know that I have seen many pictures of thin, non-muscular 811 guys, and I have seen very few thin guys on high protein diets...

I DO know that I have seen many pictures of thin, non-muscular 811 guys, and I have seen very few thin guys on high protein diets...
Perhaps its true but it may be because there aren't so many 811 type of guys that are interested in bodybuilding, or weightlifting for size they're may be interested just for athletic reasons, agility, etc, but almost all people on high-protein diets train for big muscles, and those choice may be made only on ignorance and cliché but not the facts. Its the samething for vegetarians in general maybe being thinner than meat-eaters maybe just because its more in the mentality and lifestyle of meat-eaters to care about looking muscular, while vegetarians are interested in other things. I don't know. But I DO see plenty of thin people with no muscles and I really doubt they're on the 811 diet, most of them are meat-eaters.

I am almost 100 % sure that 811 is the ideal diet. Tried it, but could not keep it, since I have no access to ripe fruits all year long. I felt great. It is becoming my seasonal diet, I will eat like that during summer. While not on 811, I eat cooked vegan, but I keep in mind to stay low fat. I think low fat is the right way. My profile pic is taken after couple of months on 811, and 2 months ing gym. I think I looked better then now. I have some fat now, but maybe that is also OK, since its freakin cold outside!!! I dream about moving somewhere tropical, where I could eat 811 forever, and run around naked...

And i still eat 10 bananas sometimes for breakfast I LOVE IT! FRUIT RULES!

Serious muscle? Really? Undoubtedly this guy has very low bodyfat (not surprising given his diet) but not a huge amount of muscle mass. It's no exaggeration to say that every guy in my gym holds more mass than this guy.

I hate to say it, but I do have to concur with this statement.

While Dr. Graham may be in good physical shape, using him as an example of what is possible is aiming pretty low for anyone wanting to build size beyond the bare minimum. Yes, he's very lean, but overall, I had friends growing up who had more musculature just on their naturally lean builds at 16 (without any weight training) than Dr. Graham has in those photos.

Of course, if he isn't TRYING to get bigger, you'll never know if the diet is even remotely ideal for gaining any serious mass, but obviously, he's proved you can maintain an average amount of lean mass and stay ripped on his program. Beyond that much, it's pure speculation about the validity of his low-protein program being at all ideal for building mass to get to where you can actually get big.

This guy...

http://www.30bananasaday.com/group/weightliftingandbodyshaping/forum/topics/posedown-inspired-by-doug?commentId=2684079%3AComment%3A731574&groupId=2684079%3AGroup%3A653799

...is actually in decent shape. One of the best raw vegan muscles I've seen.

Most of the others should eat a lot more. They are hella skinny! Well, maybe 5 others are in very nice shape but there are many people who look like they're starving in that thread.

Is that really the same guy in the first & rest of the photos? Great work!

I didn't see anyone all that big in any of those pictures.

Even if there were some big lifters I don't know what it would say. Many raw foodists aren't 100% raw and many who say they are cheat. All a picture of a big "raw" lifter would say is that someone who is likely not a 100% raw foodist put on a lot of muscle eating a lot of raw food on an ordinary diet.

Most of the others should eat a lot more. They are hella skinny! Well, maybe 5 others are in very nice shape but there are many people who look like they're starving in that thread.

Turns out that when you don't eat fat, the body has a hard time keeping fat.

Unfortunately you also give up protein when you go low-fat raw. So the body also has a harder time building muscle. So most of the people in that thread only look as muscular as they do because they have no body fat to hide their muscle. Brad Pitt in Fight Club had relatively little muscle, but he cut his body fat very low. So when everyone sees the movie they think he is this buff dude, but it's not entirely accurate.