How much protein in a protein shake?

kckas

Hi,

Currently I drink one protein shake a day after my workout. I'm drinking 15 grams of hemp protein with water. I alternate every other month or so with 12-24 grams of rice protein.

I am not seeing the results I desire so I'm wondering if I'm drinking enough protein after my workouts? I do not build muscle easily so I feel I need to work extra hard to get results though they are just not coming.

I'm female, 125 lbs. and 5'4". If that helps at all.

I appreciate any help that anyone can offer!

I lift 5-6 days a week. I alternate between upper body and legs. I do three sets of 8-20. I try to mix it up a bit. So some days I'm lifting more weight then others. Today I benched 65 pounds, three sets, 12-8 reps. I try to go as heavy as I can but still be able to get my sets and reps in. I lift for 30 minutes to an hour.

I also just started cardio back up again. I'm doing 20 minute interval running, one minute jog, one minute run. I mix my cardio up as well. I'll also do the elliptical and stair climber. The past month or two I didn't do much cardio and just really focused on weights to see if that would help but I don't think it has much.

My body measurements haven't budged much in the past year and my weight is the same as it's been from a year ago. I'm sure I've gained muscle and lost fat as I do see some definition just not as much as I'd like.

Thanks!

If you are trying to put on muscle you may need to try eating a bit more given that you are breastfeeding. I'm not sure how many extra calories on average breastfeeding requires, as I'm not a mom, but there are a few moms on here so one of them might have more useful info for you.

Perhaps try increasing your daily intake by a few hundred calories and see if that helps (keeping the protein high).