Holy 3rd world country, Batman!

cafenervosa

YAY, I'm finally back online!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but the cable system for the island has been "down" for a while. It seems that whenever it's windy (and it get v. windy here when "cold" fronts come thru in Jan/Feb.) it knocks out the antenea for the cable modems. Sometimes they fix it, sometimes they don't. Everyone here is on "island time". Which mean whenever we feel like it. This is definitely not America.

And if you want to hear something even sadder (more sad?): I haven't had any working light fixtures in any of the rooms of my apartment since I've moved in, in the middle of Jan. I have electricity, just no light fixtures in the ceiling. So I have to carry this lamp with me from room to room and plug it into the outlets. I carry it from the bedroom, to the bathroom, to the kitchen and the living room. Pretty sad, eh? It's just me and my lamp. I don't even have a television yet! I must say, though, I've gotten a lot of reading done and listened to a lot of music.

But I'm happy to report that I got my computer cable back up today, and my light fixtures will be fixed on Sat. and hopefully I'll be getting a tv with working cable tomorrow.

I'm guessing my lamp will start to get lonely once everything starts to work properly. We've gotten rather attached....

Great to have you back. I was wondering where you went

We decided to have the Vegan Vacation in Southern California, you can check out the thread to read more about it. But I really apprecaite the offer to come out to Grand Cayman and hang out there. I may come out there myself one of these days.

Have a great time and I hope you are able to keep power.

-Robert

And if you want to hear something even sadder (more sad?): I haven't had any working light fixtures in any of the rooms of my apartment since I've moved in, in the middle of Jan. I have electricity, just no light fixtures in the ceiling. So I have to carry this lamp with me from room to room and plug it into the outlets. I carry it from the bedroom, to the bathroom, to the kitchen and the living room. Pretty sad, eh? It's just me and my lamp. I don't even have a television yet! I must say, though, I've gotten a lot of reading done and listened to a lot of music.

sorry to hear about your energy problems.it seems like a good workout..

reading is way better than watching tv, but it's easy to say for me having tv.. and a most off the time working internet access.. at the moment my pc is crappy but it works..

good luck!!!

Thanks for the support guys! I finally got my lights and air fixed this morning...still don't have any tv yet, but yes I guess reading is better for me! At least now I have regular lights to read by.

And Robert, you quite welcome and feel free to swing by my little island anytime!