Hey!

LisaB

Hi there, I am Lisa and I live in Ohio. I am not 100% vegan yet but getting there. Been vegetarian for 6 years. I am not a bodybuilder yet either but I hope to get there someday too, or at least do power lifting. That one is going to take more time because I have a ton of weight to lose first, but I will get there. I am slow as hell but naturally strong so I love lifting as it is somthing I am better at than all the skinny peeps.

I just got back into exercising regularly after a few years dealing with some illness. I have started doing CrossFit and am loving it so far - it is addicting.

I am excited about this community, so great to know that you can be powerful on a vegan diet!

Thanks everyone, I am excited to find this place. John, I am from just south of Youngstown so I am not too far from Cleveland. Have you been to the Flaming Ice Cube? It is a new vegan resturaunt in downtown Cleveland. The original one is in Boardman and I am obsessed with their buffalo panini and peanut butter crunch bars.

I have a ton of weight to lose... I just got back into exercising regularly after a few years

You can do it. Being done with dairy was a good start for me. I was 255# witha a 46" gut as a non-exercising lacto-vegetarian. Posting my training log on this forum was what really made for some success. Check this out from this Spring: (warning ugly fat ahead) http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21330