Crap, groin injury!

kckas

I just figured out I have a groin pull. I got it when working out with my sister on Saturday, she had me go really heavy. I've worked legs twice since then and it's crazy painful to do heavy squats, lunges, and leg presses. I'm near tears when I'm doing them. My BIL told me that I can keep doing exercises as normal and the pain should go away in a couple of months (but he's crazily addicted to the gym so I'm not sure how much I should trust that?) but I just read online that I should avoid any type of exercise that causes my groin to hurt. Which means I'd have to go really light on my leg exercises or just forgo leg exercises all together which would stink big time!

Anyone ever have a groin injury? It hurts really bad when I'm doing the workouts I mentioned above and then aches for the rest of the day but then becomes a mild ache until I do legs again. Which is every other day!

On a positive note my wrist which was hurting for a few weeks is fine now!

Within my first half year I had real problems with my groin and squatting. I blame not stretching my groin out afterwards/treating my legs properly (foam rolling etc.). Out of curiosity do you do groin/adductor stretches regularly or not at all?

It kept reoccuring, I'd try taking time off (anywhere from 1-4 weeks) and then gradually building up but soon as the weight got heavy it was back again. Eventually after going through this a few times it eventually went away but don't think I dealt with it the best.

Icing will help it, and after maybe a week's rest try really high rep bodyweight/light rep stuff to really flush blood through there, and stick with this for a bit and see how it goes. And start learning really light stretches for the area.

I use the adductor/ abductor machine, does that count as stretches? I usually use it as the last exercise on leg day.

If that doesn't count, would stretching include things like sitting with my legs spread and reaching for my toes? If so should I do those now? Or wait until my groin heals?

And I remember exactly when the pain started, my sister thought it would be a good idea for me to squat 135 lbs. even though I had not squat that heavy before (I just started doing squats about a month ago) and she made me do three sets of ten. I did it but it was brutal! I think her idea of what is light/heavy is skewed though since she squats 225 lbs.

Thank you for your help! I'll take a week off, maybe do some light cardio on leg day just so I won't go crazy doing nothing!