Questions about seaweed

Subtitles

I have only tried seaweed a few times (seaweed salad, veggie sushi, and dulce flakes). From what I've tried, I absoloutly love. And since I hate veggies and have issues getting in my greens, I thought seaweed would be a good way to do it.

Where are the best places to buy seaweed? The natural health food store here only has a couple of options. Would a Chinese health store have a wider selection?

Any tips for easy ways to prepare it?

Would there be any concerns for eating too much (I know it's generally higher in sodium)?

Apart from being high in sodium, it can also be high in iodine. The iodine content in most sea veggies aside from kelp tends to vary widely so it's possible to get too much iodine which has the same effect as too little iodine (interference with the thyroid). So don't overdo it but in general it's great for you.

• 3 weeks later...

well it just so happens a friend of mine harvests locally and sells on the web. shesellsseaweed.com

my only caveat here would be to be careful not to have seaweed exclusively fill the "greens" portion of your diet. we depend on "greens" for a wide variety phytonutrients in addition to vitamins and minerals. seaweed will provide some of these but far from all that we need. A green powder (vitamineral green, etc.) would provide a wider array of phytonutrients be a better way to easily "check the 'greens box'" for a given day.