Howdy from Colorado

westofariver

Just thought I'd drop in an introduce myself before I start picking minds and gathering advice.

I'm almost 28 and living outside Denver, CO (Castle Rock for now). I have been vegan for around 2.5 years and vegetarian for around 5. I used to be very over-weight but now days I am mostly scrawny and in need of some "toning up". I eat healthily for the most part but would like some help with developing a weight training routine and supporting diet. The major obstacle is that I have a unusual work schedule. 2pm-12:30am 4 days a week. I have struggled putting on weight in the past. I will open another thread under the appropriate section for this topic.

I am vegan for pretty much all the reasons. Ethical, health and environmental. I'm interested in meeting fellow vegans/vegetarians in the area and look forward to getting involved in the site. I am into bike riding, going to shows, hiking...pretty much anything that sounds like fun.

Regards,

-T

Edited by westofariver

Welcome to the group!

My little brother lives just outside of Denver and I'll be back there this spring to pick up my car where I left it at his house

I've traveled to 45 US States and CO is right up there as one of the finest for so many reasons.

I also struggled to put on weight and then figured it out and made it happen putting on 75 pounds from 120 to 195. I still experiment all the time to make more gains and to learn.

All the best and welcome to our team!

Robert

Just thought I'd drop in an introduce myself before I start picking minds and gathering advice.

I'm almost 28 and living outside Denver, CO (Castle Rock for now). I have been vegan for around 2.5 years and vegetarian for around 5. I used to be very over-weight but now days I am mostly scrawny and in need of some "toning up". I eat healthily for the most part but would like some help with developing a weight training routine and supporting diet. The major obstacle is that I have a unusual work schedule. 2pm-12:30am 4 days a week. I have struggled putting on weight in the past. I will open another thread under the appropriate section for this topic.

I am vegan for pretty much all the reasons. Ethical, health and environmental. I'm interested in meeting fellow vegans/vegetarians in the area and look forward to getting involved in the site. I am into bike riding, going to shows, hiking...pretty much anything that sounds like fun.

Regards,

-T

Hey There fellow Coloradan! I'm in ID now after 10yrs in Seattle and 3 in FL, but LOVE the Rockies and always will! Grew up all along the front range, Wellington (near Wyoming off I-25), Ft. Collins, Loveland, and Boulder. Colorado is a great place to eat veggies and get out of doors!!

I'm going vegan after being a protein addict with bodybuilding competitions for the past couple of years. I'd love to help with the work out plan if you'd like advice or info! There are a lot of great programs out there and the best one is the one you can stick with! Accountabily, a good goal, or a work-out buddy are all good tools to get and stay motivated! To your success!

~C

Celestial-

Thanks, I am sure I will have plenty of questions. Right now I am trying to sort out a diet and eating schedule. I plan on going into the gym at 1AM after work. I will be getting my membership this week and want to start a routine a week from today. I plan to stay up a bit after getting home and read or watch a movie to unwind. I also don't want to go to bed immediately after eating.

I like Ft Collins a lot. I drive though about every other month on my way to visit friends in Laramie. Boulder is cool and I dig downtown Denver a lot. Hopefully someday I can find an equally good or better job that is closer to those areas. My job is about 9 miles to the south of Castle Rock.

I will be working on a full-fledged advice thread later tonight. I will drop the link here after I do.

Cheers

Hiya, Colorado!

I know your area well, used to pass through there several times a year to hike Castlewood Canyon. Ever get down there? It's gorgeous! I always wanted to see the top of Castlerock, itself. Didn't it have a giant star at one time?

Anyway, welcome. Have fun getting all buff.

Baby Herc

• 3 weeks later...