True protein change

Paige

I wanted to post this since I thought it was important. I have been using the gemma pea powder from True Protein for a year now. Up until recently the lable stated that sodium was 20 or 25mg for 30 grams. (about) I don't remember the exact number but it was reasonably low. I basically live on the stuff for contest prep. This morning I went to order 5lbs and now the label says that it is 600mg of sodium for a 30 gram serving. That is right 600mg! I confirmed this with the company that it is now correct. I don't know if it has been this way the whole time or there is a new formula. I just wanted to let everyone know since this is such a significant change.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paige,

Here is what TP sent me; looks like it has been that way for a while.

Yes, the nutritional info was recently updated with current information from our manufacturer- the 600mg per 30g serving is correct.

Thanks,

Andrea

True Protein

Here is a copy of the e-mail I received from TP this morning.

Good morning Paige and thanks for the e-mail, we recently noticed the odd amount when we were updating the nutritional profile based on our most recent batch. We assume it is a typo, and we have contacted the manufacturer for verification. Thanks again and we apologize for the confusion,

-Carl

I hope so. I am getting to the point that I feel that I have nothing left to eat for contest prep. I am thinking that I am going to go back to basic fruits and veggies and give up on anymore of the processed powders and tofus. I just can't seem to trust what is in the products anymore.

Yes, I told them the old values and they are apparently looking into it. I have asked them to email me once they figure this out and I am also watching the site to see if there is any change in the nutritional chart on the gemma. I will post as soon as I know more. Trust me, I am sort of desperate for the stuff as it is one of my staples. Although I may just order the rice protein since it looks like a pretty decent alternative as far as the stats are concerned.

Here is the final word on this one:

Hi Paige,

We've checked again with the manufacturer of the Pea Protein, and the sodium amount listed is, indeed correct.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Now I am just depressed.

This is my mix; I last ordered on 9/2010. I still have around 10 lb. left. Looks like I will have to readjust my mix so I am not getting all that sodium...

what a bummer...it doesn't make sense why the sudden spike in sodium...wonder if it is a change in the processing?

The reason I went with this was to get the most "bang for the buck", as I do not have a lot of extra cash to spend on expensive protein formulas.

Custom Mix + FORMULA

Hemp Protein Powder 15%

Gemma Protein Pea Isolate non-GMO 50%

Rice Protein Concentrate non-GMO 35%

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 30 grams

Servings Per Pound 15

Total Calories 101.85

Calories from Fat 10.4

Amount Per Serving

Total Fat 1.25g

Saturated Fat 0.19g

Cholesterol 0mg

Sodium 16.25mg

Carbohydrates 2.15g

Dietary Fiber 1.2g

Sugar 0.25g

Protein 20.7g

Vitamin A 0mg

Vitamin C 0mg

Calcium 0.05mg

Iron 1.89mg

I have powder that I bought in December. I am not going to use it anymore. I just have 3 weeks until my next contest and I have no idea what I am going to do since that powder is most of what I eat. That and green veggies. Right now I am at a loss as to what to do.