A

Eyesawu

Try Robert's book? "Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness" by Robert Cheeke.

And as a rule of a thumb, as a personal trainer I could tell you to always work out when you have eaten and to always eat after a workout. That should do it. And well, if you want giant mass, as the old sumo master said to the young sumo wrestler "Never eat on an empty stomach"

Also, go for strength first, then mass (but that's just my opinion).

Hey Glad you're body is asking and you're responding. A shift towards unprocessed and plant based foods will certainly make your insides a lot happier and that will also show on the outside. Of course, exercise will increase your lean body mass. You will need fuel to recover repair and grow. More fuel than is necessary (calories) will always leave a constant store so you have energy during those intense grueling workouts and also for your body to say hey, it's time to grow!

You're right a typical bodybuilder's diet as far as the macros (protein, carbs, fat) is not entirely crucial for getting the physique you want. Choice is yours on how you get there. Honestly, food and more food and consistent training is all you will need. I do however recommend that you put a bit of extra bit of protein into your diet. I stand firm in that it helps. 1 gram per pound of bodyweight is something good to shoot for 6-9 months of the year as a modest goal. Some prefer more, some less. Others do not even go there.

Whatever works for your body friend.

You've picked a great place coming here and I look forward to hearing of your future decisions, plans, goals, etc.

Welcome to VBBF!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...