Do we need heavier moderation here?

Fallen_Horse

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question, do the 811ers on here know about 30bananasaday.com? I think they have a pretty active forum? If this forum doesn't fit your lifestyle I would think that one would? Not telling anyone to leave, just saying.

I know about 30 bananas, and I am a member there. But sometimes I like to hear other opinions, too. I don't feel threatened by them. I'm always ready to hear opinions of others ant make my own conclusions. I think that 811 is good diet, maybe even perfect, but I don't share the view of most 811ers that it is the only diet that can lead to good health. Why hostility?

Actually vege I wasn't talking about you, no hostility was meant. I was wondering about 2097 because he said something like he was done with this forum because it didn't fit his 811 lifestyle. Seems like 30 bananas would be perfect for him.

I know you wasn't talking about me, but I feel like 811er

Really, let's just be friendly and open-minded

It's not about being crazy, it's about replying to other forum members' questions with hypothetical science. If a newbie comes to VBB and wants to have information about B12 supplementation, they could take your advice and that could lead to a deficiency. I don't have a problem debating different viewpoints, and I even think there are many positives about the 811 diet in general, but B12 supplementation is important, I'm sorry.

I'm glad this issue has come up. There are a lot of issues on the forum...even though I was away for a while writing a book, and will be away for a while later this year writing another book, I can still clearly see a few issues:

1. None of the admins use the forum regularly, some barely at all.

2. We only have 3 moderators in addition to the Admins who aren't around, and only 2 of those moderators use the forum regularly

3. We have far too many categories, something like 20+ sections when I imagine we can get by with 10 and make everything much more condensed and concentrated.

4. I haven't been around much and haven't done an adequate job putting together a team, implementing requested changes, etc.

It is true that the forum has changed a lot over the past 6 or 7 years and in the days before Facebook and Twitter and "blogs" this was a very active place. The community has changed a lot, we don't do as many in-person meetings or group trips as we once did, but I still value everyone who uses the forum and I think we still offer a unique community.

I've said many times, I've met most of my best friends right here on the forum

I'll work on issues 1-4 and see what I can do.

Thanks for input and suggestions too!

Hugs.

Robert

Rob, I'm not mocking him for a typo, I'm mocking him because he actually believes that his mental capacity is way beyond what most people can comprehend. Heck, I make plenty of typos in my long posts, but to have the audacity to insist that I'm on a level beyond what most are as far as my "wisdom" and such, well, that's just elitist, absurd, and totally unfounded.

Just a question, do the 811ers on here know about 30bananasaday.com? I think they have a pretty active forum? If this forum doesn't fit your lifestyle I would think that one would? Not telling anyone to leave, just saying.

No sarcasm meant to anyone, but I think that is a very good idea. That forum would be a better fit and a happier place for several people.

I personally don't believe in censoring people. However, my recommendation is if you find there is something offending to you sending one of the moderators a message about it would be the way to go. Obviously RC and other who serve as moderators (myself included) have things going on and we don't have time to sit and read every post on here. For the most part my experience on these boards has been very positive and supportive. I've met wonderful people and hope to continue to do so in the future.

I personally don't believe in censoring people. However, my recommendation is if you find there is something offending to you sending one of the moderators a message about it would be the way to go. Obviously RC and other who serve as moderators (myself included) have things going on and we don't have time to sit and read every post on here. For the most part my experience on these boards has been very positive and supportive. I've met wonderful people and hope to continue to do so in the future.

I personally don't believe in censoring people. However, my recommendation is if you find there is something offending to you sending one of the moderators a message about it would be the way to go.

A number of people have contributed to this thread, describing a problem. Thanks for checking in.

Lol, 16 replies? Come on

I am a member of other forums and this one has been one of the nicest (may be the nicest) and you know it is a very civil one. Passion is necessary, passion is creative, passion is sometimes mistaken for bad attitude.

Try discussing the virtues of the diesel engine vs the gasoline engine in an Alfa Romeo forum:D

As to trying to police the the opinions of the people...I'll leave this without comments.

I'm with you buddy.

"Passion is necessary, passion is creative, passion is sometimes mistaken for bad attitude."

Best thing said so far.

We all need warmer hearts.Not more moderation.

I agree.

I think we have different interpretations of "moderation"

When I think moderation, from my perspective, I think of deleting spam posts (which most of you don't see, but we see them and have to delete them manually, moving posts to the correct section if they get posted in the wrong place, making others feel welcome, such as posting a welcome on introductions thread, something 90% of you don't do, etc.

That is moderation to me. Occasionally we have to ban or remove someone for various reasons. We've only removed about 5 people in 6 years, less than a person a year is removed.

We welcome everyone, not everyone is going to get along.

I'd like to see more people welcoming others to this community so people feel accepted from the beginning, would like to see more people supporting others' journals and efforts as they train, and would like to see more common ground and effective activism rather than in-fighting over issues that are far less important than the bigger issues at large, which we share a common interest in standing up for.

I'll personally work on getting the forum down to 10-12 sections soon.

Richard knows I'm busy working away writing new content for the website (articles, meal plans, training programs, photos, videos, recipes, etc.). I'm doing all of that for the launch of our new site because I didn't find many contributors. So I'm busy on that, but will work on condensing the forum soon.

I hope I don't hit any wrong buttons and mess anything up.... then we'll need some serious moderation to fix it, if that happens.

I'd like to see more people welcoming others to this community so people feel accepted from the beginning, would like to see more people supporting others' journals and efforts as they train, and would like to see more common ground and effective activism rather than in-fighting over issues that are far less important than the bigger issues at large, which we share a common interest in standing up for.

Lovely.

The e-air has been tense.