Do we need heavier moderation here?

Fallen_Horse

Hey everyone,

First of all, sorry for my prolonged absence from the forum again. I was pretty active a few months ago, then kind of dropped off and I should have been on top of it, that's totally my fault.

Secondly, if anybody has any problems with an individual or a thread, they can contact me directly, and I will always check it out and get back to you, or post in the thread. I know that's not any of your jobs, to look through the site and report on stuff, but I'm just saying that if you're frustrated, you can get hold of me and I'll do my best to resolve the situation.

Regarding crazy posts, I don't really know what to do about it. While there might be lots of points of view that I think are definitely wrong, or have no basis in science or logic, I am not sure about deleting or banning people for posting those things. But maybe I just haven't been aware of the situation if there are people clogging up the forum with BS and just hammering the same line over and over, I can see how that would be irritating, and as others have said, if those things go unchallenged, it can be misleading. I can also see how it can be tiring to keep seeing something you think is wrong, and therefore have to correct to make sure it has been dealt with. So just get in contact with me and tell me, and I will see if I can put a stop to it.

I've been working on the new website, which hopefully will at least be running soon, and I'll try harder to be on top of things in the forum as well. But please, don't hesitate to contact me for any reason, and I treat any message I get with confidence and respect, I wouldn't repeat anything on the forum or to anybody.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the only real issue here is the nonsense threadcrapping, but this has been going on forever from different people.

The general trend I see is:

1. Someone posts something about a vitamin, digestive problem, protein, fat loss, etc.

2. Someone else posts "all you need is sunshine and to eat only watermelon and/or durians plus there's B12 in the air you breathe"

3. Focus turns to the crap post instead of the OP.

IMO the only real issue here is the nonsense threadcrapping, but this has been going on forever from different people.

1. Someone posts something about a vitamin, digestive problem, protein, fat loss, etc.

2. Someone else posts "all you need is sunshine and to eat only watermelon and/or durians plus there's B12 in the air you breathe"

Now we have to find a new format.

I think that sums it up in a nutshell.

I think that sums it up in a nutshell.

An organic and raw nutshell.

I agree with Chris that it is the only issue, but it is a big issue.

I know if I went on the web and got bad advice I would appreciate someone giving me a heads up on it so I wouldn't waste months of training for poor results or worse, getting sick.

I think most people here feel the same way and try to leave their warnings at a short heads up. The problem comes when the people who give out the misinformation take umbrage at being contradicted and make more posts to reinforce their misinformation. At that point things degenerate into the tired old pattern which we are all familiar with and that Chris described fairly well.

I would say no to increased moderation.

If someone posts something you disagree with you can either challenge that something or ignore, really is that simple.

Just because someone posts some misinformation is not a reason to start banning people.

Personal opinions that differ from your own are also not a reason to ban people.

Forums need people to exist, healthy debate brings people to forums in my opinion...

This seems to revolve around 2097 who is outspoken and has his/her own strong views, which from angles may look crazy. But shouldn't he/she have the right to express them?

One note to 2097, people are not born with wisdom, but some people are not wise to realise this.

Personal opinions that differ from your own are also not a reason to ban people.

It isn't a matter of someone thinking that the Rolling Stones were the best band of the 60s when other people really think it was the Beatles.

It is a matter of persistently posting misinformation that could get people sick, stall progress in their training and from a more selfish point of view.....have them going away thinking that vegan diets suck, possibly telling other people.

Fallen Horse didn;'t mention banning in the post that started this thread either. He asked for heavier moderation.

No disrespect.

"Prevention is better than cure."

80/10/10 diet looks about as natural of a diet as you can get.Don't know why you seem to be in fear of it spreading to more people...

And if people are so worried with their b12 etc, just get a blood test every 6 months.That's what they're for.

And if people try a vegan diet with tons of fruit and greens as 80% of their diet i don't think they will think it sucks.They will feel the best they ever have.

It isn't a matter of someone thinking that the Rolling Stones were the best band of the 60s when other people really think it was the Beatles.

It is a matter of persistently posting misinformation that could get people sick, stall progress in their training and from a more selfish point of view.....have them going away thinking that vegan diets suck, possibly telling other people.

Fallen Horse didn;'t mention banning in the post that started this thread either. He asked for heavier moderation.

No disrespect.

Training and diet is a completely subjective thing, how I eat and train suits me and I stick to it, but for someone else it may not be suitable. This doesn't mean I should keep my training and diet methods to myself, someone could actually benefit from my methods.

As for misinformation that would get people sick, any reasonable person of sane mind wouldn't go off advice from one person on a forum when others are countering the advice, unless they genuinely believe what is being said and then who are we to stop people following this path. Like the breatharians, that is such crazy movement, but lots of like minded people are getting together and following this movement, no matter how much you tell them it's crazy.

Don't remember saying that I said Fallen horse had said ban people?

Wisdom is not intelligence, maturity, knowledge, realization or anything else. Wisdom is a skill that can't be learnt or gained. Not even by reading the bible. It's part of a person since birth; its the ability of doing anything within a persons morals. When I mean anything; I actually mean anything. Every Professional Sport, every type of education. Being born with wisdom is being born a natural leader. Being born with the wisdom is being born with the wisdom and energy of Jupiter.

I've not read your other posts, but you seem to weave in and out of logical thought like a yoyo... last time I checked Jupiter was a big ball of gas...

If Jupiter is just "gas" like you say...why is the Sun holding jupiter in its orbit?

I'm interested to know what you think Jupiter is made up of, if it isn't gas? It may have a solid core, but that would be only a small percentage of its total mass.

Gas has mass, and is affected by gravity, and can be in orbit.

I've not read your other posts, but you seem to weave in and out of logical thought like a yoyo... last time I checked Jupiter was a big ball of gas...

If Jupiter is just "gas" like you say...why is the Sun holding jupiter in its orbit?

We are energy just like everything in the universe and everything affects us like we affect everyone. Most people are bound by "time" which limits the the internal energy they have.

Systems like astrology, human system, etc... all measure energy but energy does not need to be measured but simply used and recharged.

In reality we are simply complex batteries in which our capacity for energy increases and decreases based on how active we are. The more energy we use; the more our energy's capacity increases. The less energy we use; the more our energy's capacity decreases.

Your quite amusing actually, again weaving in and out of logical thought like a yoyo!

If you want to learn about jupiter there is a website to help you with that www.google.co.uk even better go straight to this website http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter get back to me and let me know if human wisdom is derived from the wisdom of Jupiter.

I'd like to know how old you are? just curious

I take it this thread is fairly representative of the quality across this forum? If so, yes, you need better moderation.

It isn't a question of rights. The banjos are still free to post their nonsense online. The community has the right not to give them a platform. The problems are compounded if the banjo is unable to determine the significance of their opinion. Rather than putting it out there once for discussion they decide it merits debate on every thread.

If someone is unable to play nice with the other children maybe they need some time on the naughty step to think about what they've done. Maybe a banning order doesn't have to be permanent.

I seem to remember veganpotter was banned not for an outrageous offence but for the overall health of the community. From the outside it seems in worse shape now than then, but maybe I'm wrong there.

I seem to remember veganpotter was banned not for an outrageous offence but for the overall health of the community. From the outside it seems in worse shape now than then, but maybe I'm wrong there.

Not really wrong there.

Many of the people who really knew their stuff have all flown the coop. xjohanx, medman and plenty of others who used to be a wealth of info all disappeared in the past year or so, it has pretty much been a free-for-all of everything ranging from valid to tinfoil hat ever since.

I take it this thread is fairly representative of the quality across this forum? If so, yes, you need better moderation.

It isn't a question of rights. The banjos are still free to post their nonsense online. The community has the right not to give them a platform. The problems are compounded if the banjo is unable to determine the significance of their opinion. Rather than putting it out there once for discussion they decide it merits debate on every thread.

+1

Edited by beforewisdom