new guy

Sammy

Just saying hello,

I was recently asked to join a team fitness contest at my work, which I did. After hitting the gym for about 4 weeks now, I am remembering how much I used to enjoy lifting! so, my first goal is to loose 50% body fat and gain 30 lbs of muscle. I did it before (14 years ago, yeow), and just want to see if I can accomplisg this again.

I am 6' 4" about 196 (today), I was 202 at weigh in. I was always a hard gainer until I discovered creatine. I am a Portland native, and have practiced yoga and meditation my whole adult life. I currently also train in qi gong and Yang style Tai Ji, which I love. I really enjoy cross training in internal energy arts mixed with weight training and other sports.

Also, I just finished Robert's book and am happy to learn some new diet and supplement tips.

I am about 95% vegan now and feel great!

Sammy

Welcome Sammy!

I'm and OR native (Corvallis).

Thanks for the book shout out, I appreciate that and hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks so much for joining the forum. I really hope you get a lot out of it and build community here. Tons of PDX members. I just saw 4 during my workout at Hollywood 24 Hour Fitness a few days ago. So forum members are all over this town

All the best and welcome aboard!

Robert