Hello from Ireland! my story

Dec

Hey guys,

Well where to start...A short story - The only reason I'm here is because one day last week my sister, out of the blue just said to me " why dont you become vegan?", she asked this purely on the basis that I had mentioned was i taking a green smoothie every morning for the past 2 weeks that I had seen on a fitness website I enjoy, and that I was feeling great because of it and also because she knows that I have always been into health, fitness, watching my diet, martial arts etc...My answer was a non-educated "I could never get all the protein I need in my diet...

So Monday morning whilst at work on my PC, I decided to randomly google, "vegan"...This was quickly followed by "vegan Bodybuilding" thanks to googles predictive search...

Well from there I must say I was left in awe for the remainder of that day and since, now of course the bodies of some of the athletes I had seen appealed to me because I also share that muscular ripped looked from my training and diet, BUT... and this is what has turned my train of thought completely, is what i can only describe as, a more healthy looking body, take away the muscle and the low body fat level, i mean the eyes! the skin! the teeth!

So from 10am Monday morning i started a test, I knew in this week I would have martial arts+yoga Monday, soccer training tues and thurs, and weights wed and fri, what better way to see if a raw diet would work for me... so I started eating raw...I had my green smootie every morning, fruit throughout the day, salads+veg for lunch and dinner, and plenty of water....

I dont think I've felt this good, ever...Im kinda lost for words, because the feeling is'nt something I expected (now maybe someone with vegan experience will tell me Im just on a fruit+veg high that will ware off" well i hope thats not the case, im always full of energy, never feeling bloated after eating, and just generally feeling great, UNTIL 11am this morning when i decided to complete my test...

I had a spicy breaded chicken fillet on brown bread, 2 hash browns, mayo, and a cup of tomato soup....15mins later i was feeling bloated, sickly, tired and guess what right now as i write this, Im feeling no better...

So...........I think the results of my test on myself are pretty conclusive, I should give this raw food thing a go for a month and see,

My apologies for the long post...but this is completely new to me, I dont even know or have ever met a vegetarian or vegan...But I somehow feel it's right for me to change my way of eating, cant explain why I feel this "pull" to change my diet but I just think it's right for me....

Any veiws or advice welcome

welcome! Your protein reaction is quite common - i hear it all the time, and whenever i do i just send the person a link to the 'profiles' page on the main site here. It saves me a ton of debating!

welcome to the forum and welcome to excellent health!