Daily intakes

Hi guys,

My end goal is to bulk up but before I can achieve this I have quite a bit of fat around my belly that needs to be shifting so am cutting my calories down. However I'm unsure as to what percentage of my calories should come from carbs, protein etc...

Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated, I can also post up a rough guide to what i'm eating and my exercise routine if it helps.

Thanks in advance

Well unfortunately you are going to get a variety of answers on this subject, but the majority of people will say that a low fat diet is the way to go. That is, increase your protein intake and give yourself enough carbs to keep your energy up, and that will reduce the amount of fat in the diet. I wouldn't go higher than 30 or 35% protein, and not less than 10 or 15% fat, but anything in between should be good.

That may be true but VeganEssentials and Devil's Plaything have more success with high fat, lower carb diets for fat loss. I think both approaches can work. Try one approach and if you have trouble sticking to it or don't have much success, try the other. I prefer higher fat, lower carb myself.

At the moment i've been aiming for low fat and that's about all really, and having a look at what I ate yesterday it was coming up at 60% carbs, 30% protein and 10%fat almost spot on. So I'll try and keep those levels consistant and see how it works out for me.

The high fat low carbs certainly sounds interesting though, what kind of foods could you eat to achieve this though? I'm guessing all kinds of rice, pasta etc would be out the window.

Thanks for the replies

If one were to follow the ISSA guidelines, one would use a 50% carb, 33.3% pro, 16.6% fat macro profile. BUT, in the end it's what works best for YOU. Trial and error is the way to go. Just make sure to keep precise records to draw conclusions from.