Park 51 Mosque Will Be Built

Ryofire

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-09-21/local/27075993_1_ground-zero-mosque-egyptair-crash

This is old news, but none the less, it's going to be built.

Fuck you, you Zionist Xenophobic inbreds! The Park 51 Mosque will be built whether you like it or not!

Though we must never forget, the entire world has moved on, now it's your turn. So get your dick out of your sister's crotch and move on! Osama's dead doesn't that mean anything to you!

He's not the first to claim it "will be built", and he won't be the last, but somehow, the fact that the kooks like Imam Rauf (who support Hamas) are no longer as vocal about the future of Park 51 puts a lot of doubt on it for me.

The $4.8 million that he's helping stake to buy the property leaves, oh, about $200 million more that they'll need to raise to bring the project to completion. Sort of a big gap there between affording to buy the land and being able to afford to build the proposed project. And you can be sure there's going to be some SERIOUS scrutiny to follow the money trail with this one, should it ever come to be.

Even if the funding does come through, I can't see this actually coming to be for many years down the line. It'll be tied up in so many ways via protests, scrutiny of record of where the money comes from, etc. that there's no way it's just going to happen easily.

He's not the first to claim it "will be built", and he won't be the last, but somehow, the fact that the kooks like Imam Rauf (who support Hamas) are no longer as vocal about the future of Park 51 puts a lot of doubt on it for me.

The $4.8 million that he's helping stake to buy the property leaves, oh, about $200 million more that they'll need to raise to bring the project to completion. Sort of a big gap there between affording to buy the land and being able to afford to build the proposed project. And you can be sure there's going to be some SERIOUS scrutiny to follow the money trail with this one, should it ever come to be.

Even if the funding does come through, I can't see this actually coming to be for many years down the line. It'll be tied up in so many ways via protests, scrutiny of record of where the money comes from, etc. that there's no way it's just going to happen easily.

I disagree. No, matter how many doubts you (as well as anyone) give me about this project ever coming to fruition, I'll always support the Park51 mosque, as well any other religious center (be it mosque, church, synagogue, temple or any other holy place) no matter what.

These zionist inbred xenophobes need to stop fucking their siblings and realize that muslims have the right to worship in any place that they want, the same way they do. And no by building the Park 51 mosque no one is encouraging or giving into terrorist threats. You saw what happened to the Revolution Islam website after they made threats to the creators of South Park, it got shut down. And you saw what happened after the car bomb was discovered in Times square, He's in jail. Finally the whole world most recently saw what happened after almost 10 years. Osama Bin Laden has been brought to justice! And any form of terrorism will be brought to justice, whether it is religious extremists or those "Anonymous" punks. I don't agree with the way Scientology does things, but sending them bomb threats and hacking their sites is terrorism enough.

Sure people have the right to protest the Park51, but (and this is just my opinion) it's really a waste of time to do that. The first amendment is more than just "freedom of speech," it also means "freedom of religious practice."

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So what these protestors and the people who are building the Park51 are both fighting for their first amendment rights. So you can't fight what's going to be inevitable it's sheer foolishness, and ethnocentrism.

Not saying you can't support it, but since there was already talk of it being ready as early as this year when originally planned and the land hasn't even been bought yet, I stand firm in saying that if it comes to be in less than a half decade from now, it'll be a complete miracle.

The original voices who were pushing for it to be created have started to fade and are no longer sounding as strong for its creation as they once did. For people who insisted that it WOULD be created right away without fail, it has shown that getting it built will be no easy task as more scrutiny came on those who were pushing the hardest for it to be built. And yes, the question of where much of the money was coming from has had a hand in this, and regardless of which side you're on, that should be something we can all agree on: funding should NOT come from anything that cannot be traced back to legitimate sources with no affiliation to anyone involved in any form of connection to terrorism. Whether you're pro Park 51 or anti, there's not really a point of debate on the legitimacy of needing verification in order to appease everyone regarding the financial aspects. Otherwise, should there be ANY question on funding sources, you know that it's going to end up being a mess that'll mire it forever in legal battles and prevent anything from happening. Though, I have the feeling that a lot of people would like to see that happen, so once again, I believe that IF it ever gets built, it will still be years from now, nothing we'll see before 2015.

Not saying you can't support it, but since there was already talk of it being ready as early as this year when originally planned and the land hasn't even been bought yet, I stand firm in saying that if it comes to be in less than a half decade from now, it'll be a complete miracle.

The original voices who were pushing for it to be created have started to fade and are no longer sounding as strong for its creation as they once did. For people who insisted that it WOULD be created right away without fail, it has shown that getting it built will be no easy task as more scrutiny came on those who were pushing the hardest for it to be built. And yes, the question of where much of the money was coming from has had a hand in this, and regardless of which side you're on, that should be something we can all agree on: funding should NOT come from anything that cannot be traced back to legitimate sources with no affiliation to anyone involved in any form of connection to terrorism. Whether you're pro Park 51 or anti, there's not really a point of debate on the legitimacy of needing verification in order to appease everyone regarding the financial aspects. Otherwise, should there be ANY question on funding sources, you know that it's going to end up being a mess that'll mire it forever in legal battles and prevent anything from happening. Though, I have the feeling that a lot of people would like to see that happen, so once again, I believe that IF it ever gets built, it will still be years from now, nothing we'll see before 2015.

Well, no matter the financial issues or how long it takes, I have high hopes that it will be built.

Ryofire - I hope you are as vocal about Christian places of worship being built and protected in Muslim countries and lands.
Your argument seems to imply that the United States is a Christian country, which it is not.

I thought Americans worshiped money???

Ryofire - I hope you are as vocal about Christian places of worship being built and protected in Muslim countries and lands.
Your argument seems to imply that the United States is a Christian country, which it is not.

I'm vocal about any kind of religious freedom. And yes Chrisjs the United States is not a Christian country.

I thought Americans worshiped money???

This comment is very prejudice, because you're your implying that all Americans are greedy and imperialistic, which is not true.

I hate monotheistic religions.

I'm Asatru and do not agree with the idea of monotheism. I do however believe they have the right to practice their faith the same way I do. But if they try to convert me through violence, I will make them answer for a 1000 years of oppression.

Where this idea come from that if you state that a country is predominantly one religion thereby you are implying that it is the only religion? That's not what I said.

Islam is not the only religion in Egypt, but try being a Coptic Christian there at the moment.

Where this idea come from that if you state that a country is predominantly one religion thereby you are implying that it is the only religion? That's not what I said.

Islam is not the only religion in Egypt, but try being a Coptic Christian there at the moment.

I know what you mean. I agree with you.