Protein and low calorie diet

Don't cut that much your callory intake , eat normally just about RMR*1.15 + what you burn at workout + 200

RMR = 9.99w + 6.25s - 4.92a + 166g-161

w = weight in kilograms; if you know your weight in pounds, divide by 2.2 to get your weight in kilograms

s = height in centimeters; if you know your height in inches, multiply by 2.54 to get your height in centimeters

a = age in years

g = gender = 1 for males, 0 for females

You need to build some muscule, and that you can do a "cut" with negative calorie intake + cardio

---

I'm not pro so... just my opinion

P.s. in the second picture you look very very skinny, you should gain weight, it not looks so healthy...

I would say you have about 12% fat maybe less.

Edited by dckur

....The thing that has sent me into this way of thinking, is the body fat calculation; depending on which formulae used, I got something like 21-26% body fat. The thing that reinforced this was cellulite (and flabby skin) . I have a fair bit despite being very slim . Not sure if that will ever go away. Anybody ever seen female body builders with cellulite? I suppose this is a different type of fat storage though, but so bloody annoying nevertheless. Perhaps I am over-compensating for the cellulite, and trading my health in for my increasing desire to get rid of these fatty deposits.

I think the calculation was done wrong, or perhaps it was a bad formula. You certainly don't need to lose anymore weight. I think your goal should be to focus more on strength building and healthy eating. If you are healthy and strong then happiness with your body should come with that!

....The thing that has sent me into this way of thinking, is the body fat calculation; depending on which formulae used, I got something like 21-26% body fat. The thing that reinforced this was cellulite (and flabby skin) . I have a fair bit despite being very slim . Not sure if that will ever go away. Anybody ever seen female body builders with cellulite? I suppose this is a different type of fat storage though, but so bloody annoying nevertheless. Perhaps I am over-compensating for the cellulite, and trading my health in for my increasing desire to get rid of these fatty deposits.

I think the calculation was done wrong, or perhaps it was a bad formula. You certainly don't need to lose anymore weight. I think your goal should be to focus more on strength building and healthy eating. If you are healthy and strong then happiness with your body should come with that!

Those formulas for finding body fat % aren't very accurate. I think also, for very small people and very big people it gets even less accurate.

This website has some pictures of what different body fat percentages look like, and you definitely have less than the picture of the skinny women with 15% body fat.

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

Also, cellulite is different than excess body fat. There are lots of different causes and you may or may not be able to get rid of it. But, losing more weight will not make it better.

Thanks for the advice you guys

@goob, yes the cellulite thing is probably hereditary in my case (my mum has it in the same places as I do). I'm guessing (hoping) more muscle will flatten it against the inner surface so that it will look 'better' (just my own prediction though).

I have to politely disagree with the less than 15% body fat though. I look more like the girl with 20% body fat. I tend to store fat in my lower half, meaning my top half looks abit of a mis-match (thus I suppose my pic is not necessarily reflective of fat I store more in other regions); this happened after having having kids (which I suppose makes sense).

Is there a more accurate way of measuring body fat? Using a fat caliper?

Melly

Personally I would try to get away from the numbers and towards looking in the mirror. Make dietary and exercise changes and see if you like what happens to your body, or if you don't, then change it up again. How you like yourself in the mirror is much more important than any number!