Diet critique?

Hey guys, I'm trying to lower my body fat but I'm not sure if I'm eating right to do so.. my weight and inches aren't going down, its only been two weeks but usually I would have lost something so I'm thinking some tweaks may be needed. I'm 5'2, weighing in at 126, body fat percentage is 26 per cent. Here's a sample menu:

Meal 1- Vega(Natural), 1 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup of coconut water

Meal 2- 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of coconut water, 1 banana, 1 tbs of natural peanut butter

Meal 3- 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup chickpeas, 2 romaine lettuce leaves

Meal 4- 3 pieces of celery, 1 tbs almond butter

Meal 5- Vega Shake 'n' go ( Vanilla)

Meal 6- 2 cups of steamed mixed veggies ( carrots, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower) 2/3 cup sweet potato, and 1/2 cup kidney beans

Hey guys, I'm trying to lower my body fat but I'm not sure if I'm eating right to do so.. my weight and inches aren't going down, its only been two weeks but usually I would have lost something so I'm thinking some tweaks may be needed. I'm 5'2, weighing in at 126, body fat percentage is 26 per cent. Here's a sample menu:

Meal 1- Vega(Natural), 1 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup of coconut water

Meal 2- 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of coconut water, 1 banana, 1 tbs of natural peanut butter

Meal 3- 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup chickpeas, 2 romaine lettuce leaves

Meal 4- 3 pieces of celery, 1 tbs almond butter

Meal 5- Vega Shake 'n' go ( Vanilla)

Meal 6- 2 cups of steamed mixed veggies ( carrots, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower) 2/3 cup sweet potato, and 1/2 cup kidney beans

I'm not a nutrition expert, neither is anyone else on this forum.

Bottom line, you want to get all of your nutrition ( http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/dailyrecs ) while reducing your energy intake ( calories ) enough to lose 1 lb a week, but no more than that ( to avoid losing more muscle instead of more fat ). You also want to exercise along the way to preserve your muscle mass so you aren't flabby at your goal weight.

A few years ago I lost 48 lbs on a vegan diet.

http://beforewisdom.com/blog/wc/stick-a-fork-in-me-im-done/

Hey beforewisdom,

I know no one on here is a nutrition expert, and I've lost weight before.. right now I'm at about 1566 calories, which does equal a one pound weight loss per week. But I haven't managed to lose anything.. so I wasn't sure if I need to cut down on my intake more. I don't usually struggle to lose weight and fat. I'm a mesmomorph. I do need to up my training, but I was wondering if my diet looks OK. Thanks for your reply!

Right now it hasn't been a lot. Just whenever I have a chance to, so really it's just been training with free weights, cardio ( walking, etc), yoga, and Jillian Michaels Shred DVD if I don't have time for anything else. I'm hoping to get a gym membership this week which will make a difference. I've been out of the gym for about six months now, so I can't wait to get back!

Cardio is one of the best ways to shred if you want to just lose weight. If you can consistently do something that really gets you to sweat for 30 minutes each day, I can't see why you wouldn't lose weight following the diet you are on

Exercise is very important while dieting because it keeps your metabolism up. If you don't exercise, your body will not have a stress to respond to, and you will lose muscle mass along with the fat, or worse, your body will slow down it's metabolism and you won't lose any weight!