Hello all!

Hanaquinn

Hello everyone!

My name is Jantina, its very nice to be here to meet all of you.

I found this site while searching for inspiring, healthy vegans and have found myself back here again and again for comfort and support.

So, I decided to create an account and maybe join in on some discussions, ask some questions about vegan health.

Its comforting to know that there is somewhere I can go to talk with other vegans that are able to succeed and thrive, it seems like every other vegan I have ever met in person has some story of woe about their experience. Not that I have met many, only two, but both of them ended up in the hospital for over 6 months because they were not getting proper nutrition.

Well anyways, a little about me.

I am a 24 year old female who has been a vegan for a little over 2 years now. I am a heavy duty mechanic who is interested in building up some more muscle mass so I can have more strength, stamina and lifting power for my career. Not that I am bony or anything, I have muscle, just hardly any fat on me, but recently I have lost a lot of weight, going from 135 pounds (I am 5' 5'') to about 119 (dammit!) I stayed at 135 for the first 2 years and have only recently began losing all of it.

I'm not going to lie though, I was NOT taking care of myself over the last 6 months. I am on my way back to good health after suffering deficiencies from poor nutrition.

I do still have some muscle, but I want more!

Well, I'll leave it at that.

Hope to have good discussions with all of you! Thanks for your time,

Jantina.

Nina.jpg.91e8b33aee8f68ca7eaeeee1d9924de2.jpg

Welcome! Yeah, a lot of people don't have any vegans to talk to in real life, so a place like this is handy to chat about things that others don't understand, or haven't had experience with. Good luck with your goals, any questions, just ask