So what should happen to the hockey players?...

_raVen_

I really don't see any problem with betting on sports as long as it is done with a reputable house. I wouldn't want to think that hockey players or any atheletes for that matter are throwing games to pay off debts. I don't see the big deal.

It's a CONSPIRACY to shake down the Canadian o lympic hockey team!!!!!

offense74, read HERE

I really don't see any problem with betting on sports as long as it is done with a reputable house. I wouldn't want to think that hockey players or any atheletes for that matter are throwing games to pay off debts. I don't see the big deal.

It's a CONSPIRACY to shake down the Canadian o lympic hockey team!!!!!

_______________________^ (Typical Canadian fan)

http://www.gifanimations.com/Image/Animations/Sports/Hockey/~TS1139589474338/Ice_hockey.gif

its hard to believe that it was Wayne's wife and not himself making the bets. i'll take your consipiracy one step farther. baseball, basketball, and football interests engineered the sting because the popularity in hockey was exploding faster than anyone thought possible post-strike. they were afraid their idiot fans would see what a real sport with real athletes was like and had to put an end to them.

seriously though, as if this isn't going on at some level in every major sport. not saying i condone it, but talk about hitting someone while they're down. they're just a scapegoat in my opinion. although as a lifelong Mario fan, i can't say i'm all that broken up about Gretzky being involved. that is to say, if it had to happen.

although as a lifelong Mario fan, i can't say i'm all that broken up about Gretzky being involved. that is to say, if it had to happen.

I agree that there is something a little suspicious about the police releasing so much info but whatever.....

I was never much of Gretzky fan either. He used to be a great play maker but that's because the whole league knew that you weren't supposed to hit him. I believe because of that he was an incomplete hockey player. And then he gives everything up and goes LA on us. Give me a break!!! Not that there's anything wrong with LA folks.

As for Belarus and Sweden, I'm sorry gentleman, perhaps next century... Although I agree, Belarus is the dark horse this year and they can beat any of the favs if the favs aren't in top form.