Definition and toning without the gym.

I am a fairly active person to begin with. I play multiple sports and walk/bike a good bit. However, I would like to get more tone/definition without going to the gym. I am 5'6" and 120lbs. I'd say im 20% body fat give or take. So, if there is anybody out there who would like to offer suggestions then I am all ears

(or eyes in this case.) It will all be greatly appreciated.

Jump rope first thing in the AM. Work up to 3 x 3m with 1m rest between sets. Do this at max intensity, 5+ days a week. Depending on current fitness levels, you may want to start with 45 second sets, working your way up to 3 minutes. Pace should be fast, and it should never get to where you're plodding easily through the 3 minute sets. Aim to always jump faster and harder.

Do tough conditioning workouts 3x week. Buy the book Never Gymless for some incredibly hard conditioning drills sans equipment.

Are you male or female?

What is your aversion to a gym? When you say you don't want to go to the gym, does that mean you want to do bodyweight workouts/low equipment workouts at home? Or that you don't want to do any kind of resistance training?

"Toning up" is largely done in the kitchen. Clean up your diet and eat less calories than you expend.

As for workouts, "Never Gymless" and/or "Full Throttle Conditioning" both feature some incredibly hard conditioning drills that can be done with little or no equipment, plus easier routines to work up to the tough stuff. They'll be worth their weight in silver when you find what works for you.

Work hard and you'll come back next season a real contender... The skies the limit.

It's not necessarily that I have an aversion to the gym so much as it is I don't really have access to one at the moment. I recently purchased a set of weights in hopes that I will be able to use them in getting definition. I've been cleaning up my diet, too. I will have a look at those books.