what do you eat for treats? HELP

I eat fresh fruits whenever I want a snack. I refrigerate apples, and love pineapple and watermelon when in season. I make lots of soy-milk smoothes (often with a Tbsp of peanut butter (the kind that is /just/ ground peanuts) ). I also find that if I'm craving some food, a Vega or similar meal replacement shake will fix that right up. I'm no longer hungry and I've filled my body with something nutritious as well! My other go-to snack is homemade hummus on a tortilla with fresh, crunch veggies (like cucumber, carrot, fresh dark lettuce, etc). I'll make a garlic tahini sauce and it's very delicious, though you have to be careful, store-bought hummus has a lot of oil in it, that's why I make my own. It's super simple to do.

Yes, it's a bit of a challenge at first, it's an addiction, those types of food. Your body seems to want those things as they're what it's used to. Once your body (fairly quickly) gets adjusted to having healthy foods, if/when you ever snack on something really unhealthy like that again, you won't enjoy it nearly as much as you remembered and you'll notice you don't feel very good after you eat. It was interesting at first for me to keep a log of what I ate and how I felt immediately and 1 hour after I ate that food. I noticed that when I at heavier, crappier things, I felt sluggish and crappy, when I ate healthier things, I felt much happier and energized. I recommend keeping a log like that, I'd look through a few pages before I'd eat something and it always compelled me to choose better foods!

Being vegan doesn't prevent you eating unhealthy treats. You can get vegan ice cream, and lots of chips are vegan. But it depends what your goal is - if you want to eat healthy, then obviously you'll want to be eating something else.

I definitely advise keeping a log, if you can write down what food you are eating consistently, and if you are honest, then it will really help you cut down things you know you shouldn't be eating, because you won't want to have to write them down.

But in terms of what I eat for snacks, I have bananas, apples, sultanas, sunflower seeds, sometimes bombay mix if I have it. I often have a small bowl of oats with some sultanas and seeds, it fills me up for a while and isn't so bad. Unfortunately I will snack on less healthy things if we have them... so I try not to even buy them in the first place so I can avoid temptation.

If you're looking for a good ice cream like type treat slice up some ripe bananas and freeze them, then whirl them in a food processor. It turns out like soft-serve ice cream. I like to add some cocoa and agave to mine. Adding some peanut butter is good too.

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414

thanks for the idea, i just put some blue berries and bananas in the freezer this morning, i cant wait to try it. I also froze some grapes, i read that somewhere. I think its going to take some time for me to get used to this and in the habit of eating right. Is really going to pay off though.

When nothing will work but ice cream, coconut milk ice cream is awesome, just as good if not better than the real stuff. Alternative Baking Company makes an awesome vegan cookie too. Neither are particular healthy because they stil have sugar of some form, but if you need a vegan treat they are great to go to.

lobsteriffic i clicked on your facebook link but you didnt come up, send it to me and i will friend ya. I think i have lost like 5 lbs in 2 days on this diet, although i havnt had many hunger pains, just cravings. I have been drinking plenty of water and eating lots of healthy food.

Hi you can make you own vegan chips. Or you can eat the wheat free tortillas and make your own salsa. That is very healthy and very vegan. You can replace that with your doritos. And you can make your own shake as a replacement for your ice cream

And you can make your own shake as a replacement for your ice cream

Oh yeah, an awesome ice cream replacement that is actually pretty healthy is to blend a frozen bananna with a tablespoon or so of cocoa powder, two tablespoons peanut butter, and some almond or coconut milk. Tastes just like a milk shake. You could even put in some protein powder and have a meal out of it.