After workout

I am using veg soy free protein and nutribiotic rice protein powder and I was wondering what would e the ideal ratio of carbs and protein for the after workout shake? And what carbs are the best, like fruit, maltodextrine etc.

Thank you in advance

In my opinion it would depend on quite a few different factors. Generally I would say the least amount of protein after a workout would be 20 grams, where as the least amount of carbs I would take in would be maybe a bit higher, around 30. I think the ideal ratio depends on a few factors such as your body weight, your goals, and the duration and intensity of your workout. So maybe with a few more factors factored in I could be of more help. For myself I usually would take 20 to 50 grams of protein and 30 to 80 carbs, depending on my goals, and the workout i just completed.

Thank you for the reply, yes I guess it is a bit vague just asking a ratio without adding any other info

Right now I am looking to cut fat, while building a reasonable amount of lean mass. I am following a circuit training 3 times a week alternate with days of cardio (moderate 30-40 minutes) and rest. I try to lift as heavy as I can, the workouts are shorter (30-40 minutes total) and very intense, my goal is to lose 16lb and 10% body fat in the next 12 weeks ( I hope it is a reasonable goal).

Thank you again for your help

Circuit training is great way to lose fat, along with shorter resting periods inbetween sets, which it seems like your already doing. With a 30 min to 40 min workout i would suggest eating a piece of fruit sometime before working out, maybe 30 mins before you start lifting, that way you will have some extra energy during your workout. Then for after your workout since you are trying to cut down i would probably take in around 30 grams to 40 grams of protein, along with 30 to 40 carbs. The meal after your workout is probably the most important meal of the day, so make sure you eat enough at that meal, and concentrate on cutting down on other meals from the day. Best of luck, hope this helps.

John Thank you so much, it helped a lot, I will make sure to focus on that post workout meal, I am already low in starchy carbs, which I like because I dont digest them well anyway and I was eating way too much before.

I try to taper the carbs during the day so my last meal is mostly protein, veggies and fat.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me and answer my questions.

Have a wonderful week