Hello!

Bridget

Hi! I've been vegan for a while now (at least 6yrs) and raw for 1 1/2 now.

I've always been active (yoga mostly, aerobics, walking). But need to "amp" up my fitness.

After a recent knee surgery I've been told that high-impact exercise is out for me and to focus on biking, yoga, swimming etc... The doc also said I should seriously consider weight-lifting.

I now have a new goal & challenge (which I love) - Fitness competition! So I'm hoping to gain some knowledge since I'm totally new to it. My reasons for doing it: New fitness challenge, better health, and yes, to prove too some folks that you CAN build on a raw vegan diet...

Looking forward to hanging out at the forum!

Bridget

Hi, Bridget. I have been Vegan for sometime and I have started eating more and more raw foods. I have been using body weight exercises and power walking to lose weight and get fit but I am planning to add free weights to buiild muscle. I will be doing this at home. So far all I have is a bar, lol. We had a bench but it was not a good one and after the hurricaine it got ruined so we sold it at a garage sale. So as I can I will be buying equipment to get started. So I am a newbie to weights too and I am really excited to see what the changes it will bring to my body.

Welcome and hope you come here often.

• 3 weeks later...