Props to Robert

Richard

I know other people contribute to the site and it's not just Robert, but he's worked ultra hard on the site, and I thought he needed a thread about what a good job he's doing. Plus he gives threads for peeps every 1000 posts, and he didn't get a thread back when he went over 2000 (i think), so it can be that too if you think that's relevent Thanks for the site, I am sure everyone who uses it is grateful and appreciates it being here, it has helped me a lot to have it, you put a lot of effort in even with everything else that's going on and the stress you're under.

Absolutely Ninja!

Rob, thanks for creating this site in the first place.

Thanks for founding this awesome community, and thanks for striving to improve on the site all the time. I know it's a lot of work!

This site and forum really have become important to me.

@Offense74:

Thank you, but this thread is about Robert.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. We started this site back in 2002 and have gone through 3 forums, finally making this one successful. So I have to thank everyone who has helped keep this community busy and fun

Richard, thanks for starting this post

Offense, thanks for your reference to Alex

Alex, Great comment about being King! I loved it

Thanks to everyone else too, this site and forum have been a lot of fun to work on and I know it helps a lot of people, saves a lot of animals and in a small way, helps the planet.

Rob is so cool. Thats why he's my internet boyfriend

but seriously i found Robs site when i first went vegan and it made a huge difference for me to meet someone as open and compassionate as the Robster is. This site has really meant alot to me. Especially all the people on it...im getting emotional..time to go be a slave to the mouse.

I just found this site fairly recently (especially compared to some of the "old timers" ) but, Robert, I think you do an excellent job keeping it positive, and making people feel a part of it, and feel welcome.

I raise a glass of Yerba Maté tea to your continued sucess and congrats on YOUR 2000+ posts!

Thanks again everyone.

I know it might sound lame, but I'm just one small piece of a giant puzzle that makes up the whole group. There are a lot of people to thank.

My friend Tim helped me make the site in 2002. Khan took over site design in 2003.

Topher encouraged me to make a forum similar to vf.net because our forums were hard to use, back in 2004.

Khan helped me make the new forum in 2005.

Michelle helped me learn how to do some things on the forum to make it better.

Attila helped get all the smiley faces that all of you like to use, and he was very helpful with teaching me how to run the forum.

Compassionategirl, Richard, Kollision, and others helped get the forum popular when it very first started.

And of course all of you who visit and post on here and give me suggestions/criticism/feedback all help shape the group.

I really pride myself on making this group a friendly, welcoming place. I guess that was one of my biggest goals, since many people weren't always having the best of luck on various vegan forums. I hate to be annoying but that is why I occasionally remind everyone to try to be positive on here. And to be honest, that is probably the most common thing people write about. Everyone feels very welcome here.

So, I just happen to be the one who started the site and later on started this forum group, but everyone here helped get it off the groud and made it a fun place to hang out.

So I shall be the one who says thank you.

R B

Thanks Jonathan,

You've played a big role too, with numerous site suggestions, things that could be improved, and of course you've had quite a bit of participation on here too.

Thanks man, now get back to another PB on the Bench of Deadlift!

-Rob

I appreciate Robert's approach mostly. I remember him on VF and I recall him being attacked a few times What I liked most was his ability to never lose it. I know I would have gone *off,* lemme tell ya I like that kind of model for veganism. It's positive. Just like how Robert doesn't just surround himself with vegans but has friends all over -- omnis to every pseudo-vegetarian out there. Isolation is a sure way to ensure little effect.