What sort of crazy world have I gotten into?

Bodybuilding competitions are a very strange place to find myself in, especially since I landed here intentionally. Watching people apply tans and Bikini Bite on each other, posing, eating volumes of junk foods (just because they're there and the diet has gone out of the window), and hanging out in posing suits is the most bizarre experience.It's so strange to walk around in a French-cut bikini with rhinestones and 5" stripper heels, not feeling the least bit uncomfortable nor tugging at my suit. Peanut butter and Nutella are like crack to a perennial dieter, and we descend on them as if we're vultures. When they brought in the pizza, the craziness just intensified.

Not to mention the fact I looked like a Vegas showgirl, and went out to the mall for lunch with the group, wearing a black tracksuit in 90-plus degree summer weather. People must've thought that I had the worst tan they've ever seen; and that's absolutely true in natural light.

But where else can you go to find people with the same work ethic and dedication to training and diet that I have - and perhaps even more? What a strange way to validate this difficult path I've chosen to walk!

Now, time to call the massage therapist to help me work out these lower back spasms. Thank goodness for bodywork to keep me functioning.

Bodybuilding competitions are a very strange place to find myself in, especially since I landed here intentionally. Watching people apply tans and Bikini Bite on each other, posing, eating volumes of junk foods (just because they're there and the diet has gone out of the window), and hanging out in posing suits is the most bizarre experience.It's so strange to walk around in a French-cut bikini with rhinestones and 5" stripper heels, not feeling the least bit uncomfortable nor tugging at my suit. Peanut butter and Nutella are like crack to a perennial dieter, and we descend on them as if we're vultures. When they brought in the pizza, the craziness just intensified.

Not to mention the fact I looked like a Vegas showgirl, and went out to the mall for lunch with the group, wearing a black tracksuit in 90-plus degree summer weather. People must've thought that I had the worst tan they've ever seen; and that's absolutely true in natural light.

But where else can you go to find people with the same work ethic and dedication to training and diet that I have - and perhaps even more? What a strange way to validate this difficult path I've chosen to walk!

Now, time to call the massage therapist to help me work out these lower back spasms. Thank goodness for bodywork to keep me functioning.

Hahaha I know the feeling!! At my first show last August I was shocked to see people eating candy bars and I thought I'd feel weird walking around in next to nothing too, but I wasn't at all! I was super proud of myself for getting there and I wanted to show it off.

I also went out to eat at a nice place in D.C after the show with friends wearing my crazy tan, fake lashes and black tracksuit...to everyone else I looked insane!

But it's true, where else will you find these people? plus, so many supportive (for the most part) women?

congrats on competing! would love to see photos (you look amazing in your avatar!)