Thrive diet and bodysculpting

Hi everyone,

I am wanting your opinions/advice on the Thrive diet by Brendan Brazier. I have just started training towards my first bodysculpting competition in May 2012 and have been researching what the best approach will be for me.

I've been vegan for 3 years now and eat a healthy, varied diet. However, I obviously need to step the game food wise. I've been reading conflicting information on how harsh a high protein diet is on the human body. Currently my macronutrient ratios are: Protein 20%, Carbs 50% and Fat 30%.

I did do Thrive for 2 months last year, and I felt absolutelty fantastic. I did primarily to help my body cope with doing night shifts at a hospital while I was studying midwifery. Now I want to do it full-time. I also like the high raw aspect of it.

As for my measurements, I am 176cm tall, weigh 64kg (well it varies between 61 to 64kg, depending which time of the month it is) and my bodyfat is at 20%. Plus I am female

Sorry if this post seems disjointed, but any general advice would be great (as a side note, I posted an introduction post on Saturday night and it still hasn't been approved!)

TIA

Personally (sorry Brendan!) I think the Thrive Diet isn't much better than any other 'vegan diet' book. The alkaline vs. acidic debate doesn't have enough scientific studies to be thoroughly recommended, and that's the main emphasis of his book. His diet is healthy because it includes large amounts of fruits and vegetables, but any diet with large amounts of fruits and vegetables would be just as healthy. Personally I say a diet needs to be:

1. Calorie-neutral (AKA you should burn as many calories as you intake, assuming you are at a healthy weight)

2. High in whole foods, specifically fruits, vegetables, beans, and healthy fats (nuts, avocado, seeds)

3. Vitamin-sufficient (AKA be sure to have good levels of vitamins, especially B12, D, calcium, iodine, and omega-3)