Nutrition advice

Harmz

Hi guys/girls, I've recently taken the plunge and gone totally vegan, but the thing is I'm completely at a loss when it comes to structuring a vegan nutrition plan. Prior to becoming vegan, I was eating 6 meals a day, 3 meals and 3 protein shakes. I was getting 200g protein, 110g carbohydrates, 37.54 @ around 1550 calories. My goal is to burn a bit more fat, but maintain/build muscle. Could anyone give me some advice?

I would suggest adding any kind cardio to your workout routine, and upping your calories a bit if you feel you need to. At my height I was never the biggest guy, but I was always really cut by keeping active, and never had to really monitor my calories at all (which works for me because I have a near-legendary appetite). Good luck to you.

...I was getting 200g protein, 110g carbohydrates, 37.54 @ around 1550 calories. My goal is to burn a bit more fat, but maintain/build muscle. Could anyone give me some advice?

If you want to maintain that then get ready to say goodbye to fruits and hello to the small world of high protein vegan foods. Soy foods (tofu, tempeh, soybeans), seitan, powder, bars, lentils, beans, and as many veggies as you can get your hands on. There are a few people on here that get 200g a day, but it's tough. From your calorie intake I would assume you are a girl, so I would recommend cutting that protein down to 150g just to make your meals for varied and pleasant (my opinion!). 1.5g/lb of LBM is more than enough for most people, and chugging protein shakes isn't necessarily the healthiest option when it comes to getting calories. I'm sure others here will have their own thoughts. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...