What is your ideal physique?

I would really hate to be in that situation...especially if was an ethical choice to change as a person. Any pro athlete that changes to being clean is a good thing but to really give everyone the shot they deserve they'd never get a second chance considering how many clean people try to make it...not that all natural body builders are clean but most probably are(but who knows...everyone in pro cycling and track and field is presumed to be clean too since most still competing have never tested negative even though everyone knows they use).

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With adequate testing, a change in laws, and a removal of the stigma related to drug use. I think hair analysis can tell what you put into your body for the past several years.

I just saw that documentary King Corn. That is how the two film makers started off. They got a hair analysis done and were told they were basically made out of corn, which shocked them because they hardly ever ate corn directly......just indirectly through meat and processed foods.

The thing is...lots of people...like myself have very short hair. Plus drugs will always(at least for the forseeable future) be made before a test will be. Then there are those people that take drugs when they are not "thinking" about competing. Lots of shot putters "retire" after college. Oddly enough they also put on 30lbs of muscle during that year they sit on their butts. And they also get much better. They do this to have a year of heavy drug use...get clean and deal with trying to maintain as long as they can. Hell...look at EPO...the most used drug in endurance sports. After 5 days its out of you(not measurable in hair yet)...once you get tested randomly in the off season you know you aren't gonna get tested for a while so you just take it for a few weeks or months...its that easy to work the system. Then there's blood doping...take your own blood or someone elses to increase your training load...its hard to test for as is so just take a little less than what peole normally take...say 1/4 pint instead of a whole pint...nobody would notice that change but your body would benefit greatly. Laws don't need to be changed...they need to be followed....and if they need to change anything they need to take away second chances. There are far too many kids dreaming to be athletes but they've gotta wait inline for someone on their second chance before they even get considered to be picked up on a team or get sponsorship.

That black and white photo of FLEX above is one of my all time favorite bodybuilding photos.

Shawn Phillips looks pretty sweet too! His brother Bill is one of the people who inspired me to get into to bodybuilding many years ago.

Great physique choices!

Flex had some of the best genetics EVER for bodybuilding. Unfortunately his body couldn't handle the drugs and he had to retire. However, I don't know if you are aware of this, but Flex is making a comeback as a natural bodybuilder. He still looks awesome, but a heck of a lot smaller.

I know he came back clean in 2005 ? or sometime recently and was 3rd at the Ironman (claiming to be totally clean). Then he got into cage fighting and I was pretty sure he was done with competitive bodybuilding. Is he back?

Last time I saw him he was a photographer at the Olympia, was training for cage fighting and competing in cage fighting and was quite slim, but still had muscle.

I think some of his photos are the best ever in the history of human bodies as far as bodybuilding goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, we think along the same lines. I've loved that type of physique for about 10 years.

I remember being a little kid around 10 years old and seeing muscle magazines at the grocery store or supermarket and I couldn't stand looking at the veins. I was grossed out.

But as soon as I fell in love with bodybuilding, I just look in awe at these guys.

You'll see me at the Arnold acting like a kid in a candy store with all the massive bodybuilders around.

I'm just really into that kind of look.

I do not like that look. When can we go back to the day of aesthetically pleasing physiques, rather than a big block of mass?

NEVER!

Actually the next generation of bodybuilders are both huge and somewhat more aesthetically pleasing (Dennis Wolf is a shining example of this, compare him to Jay "the refrigerator" Cutler).

I do not like that look. When can we go back to the day of aesthetically pleasing physiques, rather than a big block of mass?

NEVER!

Actually the next generation of bodybuilders are both huge and somewhat more aesthetically pleasing (Dennis Wolf is a shining example of this, compare him to Jay "the refrigerator" Cutler).

Exactly, the retirement of ronnie and others may be a good thing for the future of BB.

We can have both.

Look at Victor Martinez and Dexter Jackson. Two of the top 5 best bodybuilders in the world and both have beautiful physiques.

Dorian Yates was my favorite of all time. He had so much bulk and density. I have to agree and I've been saying it for years. I've always liked the thick, dense, bulky look. It was always more impressive than just being lean to me. Part of that reason is because I've always been lean and have always desired that bulky look.

I admire both lean and bulky and know that some put them both together like Ronnie Coleman, Victor Martinez and others.

We're going to see the Biggest and Best in the History of bodies at the Arnold

Ideal physique............I saw it to today at my gym. This guy is beautiful! His quads are amazing, he has veins throughout his whole body, he's well balanced, has large muscles and is ripped to shreds.

I've seen him at least twice now, so if you're in Portland and want to see a truly spectacular muscular physique, come to 24 Hour Fitness Hollywood in the evenings for a chance to see him live.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/3766-StPierreMiller067UFC52.jpg

Georges St Pierre from UFC

http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/pictures/SIX%20PACK%20ABS%20IMG_1692.jpg

Arnel from Iwantsixpacknow

I like this sorta phisique, you know not too much? I wish i could have a body like that