What is your ideal physique?

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The look of POWER, man, the look of POWER, that's what I like. Not just large, bulging muscles and no strenght. Ernie Frantz was both - BBer and PLer. Solid guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found my ideal physique:

I dont know who the guy is, but he is a power lifter.

I have decided to focus on powerlift type exercises like deadlifts, hopefully my physique will move in the right direction But I doubt I could ever get close to how awesome & powerful he is. Must take a lot of dedication even if you have the right genetics.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1106/1410872951_27bc2c3002.jpg

I have decided to focus on powerlift type exercises like deadlifts, hopefully my physique will move in the right direction But I doubt I could ever get close to how awesome & powerful he is. Must take a lot of dedication even if you have the right genetics.

A fine choice for someone to emulate physique-wise

Guys like this built themselves doing LOTS of olympic lifts day in and day out for years. Not a huge variety of exercises for the most part, but plenty of squatting, pulling off the floor and from varying heights as well as shrugging (from cleans, power cleans, etc.) will build the legs and back development that olympic lifters have. If that's how you want to look, learning the olympic lifts is a great way to go - just keep in mind that most people like this guy have likely been training since they were anywhere from 12-14 years old (as is common in other parts of the world for when their olympic lifters start training seriously), so he's got a few years under his belt to get that kind of build

And, for xjohanx's question regarding steroids, finding a 100% clean top-caliber olympic lifter is often like finding a needle in a haystack. Not that they're ALL juiced, but for these guys who usually train 2 times daily, 5-6 days/week, it's been the norm for the past few decades. Of course, they don't take nearly what pro BBers do (or so I've heard), but certainly anything more than nothing isn't "clean" regardless of how much someone is on.

Leg Sauce!

I won't post any pics regarding my ideal physique. Actually I have no clear ideal physique like ideal weight. There are lots of many healthylooking people I appriciate. I've learnt I want to be me and a bit develop myself but avoid comparing with others. I have a quite colorful history with ED (and still recovering) and EDs include comparing. I'm still a bit suffering of ED sympthoms so that's why I don't want to think in I want to look like her -manner. When I'm all okay, I perhaps can do that. I'd like to get more muscle, be fit but the main goal is to feel great and have energy to do things. I also like to be little soft so I'm not aiming at super low fat %. My ideal physique is totally connected with my mental health. I'm not super fit but feel great, enjoy going to gym and doing other sports and eat in a rather optimal manner. I wish I'll lose a bit fat but I'll do it slowly and not stress about it. I'll try out HIIT and look if something happens. Too strict limits are not my thing at the moment. My ideal physique is some like result of doing enjoyble things. At least I have some parts of my body which I like a lot for example my height. I'm 1,76 m tall. After reflecting my past with bad ED times I appriciate my physique like this more and more because living isn't that painful anymore and yesterday I realized I haven't had those weird heart problems anymore.

My post may be quite far away from other posts but I wanted to bring this kind of aspect to this discussion, too. After revocering totally I suppose I'll be able to set more goals if I want but my experiences of ED has made that I want to live more with no total control which defines my ED a lot. I want to enjoy my life, not do too strict goals. Now setting strict goals with lifting weights would be dangerous to me. If someone is all okay, setting hard goals is all okay. But this is my situation now but I'm extremely happy 'cos I can go to gym with joy and take care of both my mental and physic health by going to gym and doing other sports.

http://bodyforlife.com/challenge/champions/2007/margi_faze.jpg

But smaller boobs, more defined abs, more muscular arms (but not much). This is the Body for Life Grand Champion -- I really don't see how they do that in 12 weeks! I'm at week 22, but I did start out heavier. Whatever, better than before, not as good as tomorrow!

That's the spirit!

But they do make the before look worse by putting them into really tight clothing!

I read an article about how photographers will use the same model at the same time for phoney before and after pictures.

When doing the before shots the model will start off untanned, slouch and push their abs out to imitate looking fat, take on an unflattering angle in the pose and the photographer will use unflattering lighting.

The model will get a tan for the after shot, stand up straight, take on a more flattering pose and the photographer will use better lighting.

That almost looks like the case here. Imagine the woman in the before shot having a tan, standing the same way, standing in the same light and having a tighter top on that pushers breasts in & up.

I read an article about how photographers will use the same model at the same time for phoney before and after pictures.

When doing the before shots the model will start off untanned, slouch and push their abs out to imitate looking fat, take on an unflattering angle in the pose and the photographer will use unflattering lighting.

The model will get a tan for the after shot, stand up straight, take on a more flattering pose and the photographer will use better lighting.

That almost looks like the case here. Imagine the woman in the before shot having a tan, standing the same way, standing in the same light and having a tighter top on that pushers breasts in & up.

I was thinking the same thing!!!

However her quads seem to be imporved a lot and there's a big difference if you look at her knees.

And FTR I think her bewbs are fake.