What is your ideal physique?

Body For Life has all the info on her. That is not a faked shot, her bio is there, there's more people like her, but I was looking at her height. Her quads are much better and her arms and shoulders and her face is thinner.

There's a behind photo too, but I didn't post it. However, knees bear the weight of the fat above, making them wrinkled or saggy, but you can make them look better by slightly bending them and standing a certain way. Then there's always photoshop.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bio could have been faked. If not then I think they may have used some of those techniques to make a more modest transformation stand out more. All the tricks are there with the different lighting, different posture, hair etc.

True enough, but BodyForLife is on the up and up as far as I know. Yes, I'm a photoshop whiz and I know what is possible to fake, but I prefer the "terrible truth to a beautiful lie" plus, my veg friends in the area all know me and they would know if my photos were effed with. No slimming of the blubber, but I did add the design to my plain shirt.

I do trust the Body For Life pics as being real, however, they have a history that tends to repeat itself most years. Most people who win were in great physical shape at one point and rebounded back to their previous in-shape appearance vs. being primarly those who had never been in shape before who were doing it for the first time. In the past, many times it was won by men and women who had been been avid weight trainers who just needed to lose 15-20 or so lbs. of fat (bad posturing and tight outfits in the "before" pics can make 20 lbs. extra look like 30-40 lbs. very easily), which they were able to do with less work than someone who was learning how to take care of their bodies for the first time. I've known people who are experienced in training who can shake off 20 lbs. of fat in 3 months without a problem, simply because they know their bodies well and can easily change their diet to drop fat quickly. So, when you see pics of some man or woman who looked bad originally, then ended up looking like they could walk on stage and win a bodybuilding contest afterward, that's the first mark of how to tell the "ringers" from the rest of the bunch. Occasionlly there are some genuine newcomers to proper diet and training that make the top, but usually, you can spot those that were experienced with proper diet and training beforehand and either had just put on a few lbs., had just gone through pregnancy, etc.

But, I definitely agree with the points made about lighting, tanning, outfit size, etc. as being a major factor. I can easily take 2 different pictures just minutes apart and look 10-20 lbs. lighter (or heavier) simply by making a few changes to how I pose, so it's not that difficult to make it look like you're in worse or better shape than you really are if you know the tricks.

http://bodyforlife.com/challenge/champions/2007/margi_faze.jpg

In order for that to be fake, I'd say it would be heavily, heavily photoshopped. It isn't just a matter of holding it in, or different lighting, on the left she clearly has much more fat, especially around the waist, it is hanging out on both sides, you can't hold that in, you'd have to cut that off with photoshop.

Alright: do over. Instead of the BodyForLife controversy person I choose our very own:

http://veganpersonaltraining.googlepages.com/myspace2.JPG/myspace2-custom;size:219,364.jpg

Plus she has better curves, hips. And she's a VEGAN which is far more beautiful intrinsically. I should have had a V8!!! (This is a commercial where the person makes an error and then realizes their folly with a slap of their own palm to the forehead, for those in other countries...)

Alright: do over. Instead of the BodyForLife controversy person I choose our very own:

http://veganpersonaltraining.googlepages.com/myspace2.JPG/myspace2-custom;size:219,364.jpg

Plus she has better curves, hips. And she's a VEGAN which is far more beautiful intrinsically. I should have had a V8!!! (This is a commercial where the person makes an error and then realizes their folly with a slap of their own palm to the forehead, for those in other countries...)

Veggieprincess is my ideal too!

Veggieprincess is my ideal too!

Excellent taste! Yeah, I'm tempted, really, really tempted, to sign up with her program. I only have 15 lbs to go before I hit the weight I want and so far with the weight lifting and extra cardio, it's happening, albeit slowly, so I want to give it a good 2-3 months on my own before I call in the troops.

• 2 weeks later...

Still Ellena Tsatos Amazing physique and only training for a little over a year.

2007 she won 1st place FAME North American Championships, USA and

Also she placed 2nd in the WNBF/INBF World Championships, USA: INBF Figure

2008 INBA Overall winner

http://www.ellenatsatsos.com/images/gallery/ellena8.jpg

Those girls are too toned & thin for my personal taste, but everyone is different.I like a bit of meat on the bones if you know what I mean! (no offenense to veggieprincess, who looks great)

I think you mean "more BOOBS". I agree.

Dan if you're talking about the brunette on the last pic, for my tastes I think she's fine, the only thing I don't like is when a girl has bigger muscles and huge biceps which look like a man. But I agree with Josh, more boobs is always a good thing

Boobies are body fat and many times they go away with the fat loss required to get really low body fat. Two girl friends got implants after getting very ripped. The woman in the photo has a nice figure, but a fairly flat chest (look at her official web site) and I think it looks very pretty and natural.

Those girls are too toned & thin for my personal taste, but everyone is different.I like a bit of meat on the bones if you know what I mean! (no offenense to veggieprincess, who looks great)

I think you mean "more BOOBS". I agree.

Dan if you're talking about the brunette on the last pic, for my tastes I think she's fine, the only thing I don't like is when a girl has bigger muscles and huge biceps which look like a man. But I agree with Josh, more boobs is always a good thing

Oh grow up you three you should know that they always don't look like that. Especially in off season.

This is also a pic of Ellena on the left.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1923/111/60/747125528/n747125528_5311256_1850.jpg

Hey I never said more BOOBS! I actually meant all over body fat, I dont like it when its too low & you can see all the muscles

I think you're on a wrong thread my friend. This topic isn't about what your ideal dream girl would look like. Check out the relationship and dating topics. I'm sure there's plenty of things you can say in there.

viewforum.php?f=25

This thread is based on What your ideal physique looks like.

So seriously, would you cut the boob topic out. There's women out there that spend a lot of money on changing their appearance because of people making these kinds of statements.

It's really disturbing when someone posts "THEIR ideal physique" Then you have someone like you ripping their opinion apart like that. It's really annoying.

And to then mention Veggie Princess how we all know and love who has worked her a$$ off to look this fantastic.

Everyone has different tastes in what they think looks good. So if in future just keep your option to yourself if you don't have anything nice to say.

With all respect thanks.

Edited by Tasha

Tasha, the title of the thread is "What is your ideal physique"

Someone posted pics of a couple of women who were their ideal physiques.

I commented that personally I preffered larger women.It had nothing to do with boobs.If you look, you will see that.

I dont think its fair that you have quoted me in your rant at all.

I'm not being sensitive.

I'm making a statement why you would care ?

I mean I'm assuming you're a man. So why would you care, unless you want to look like a women. Then that's fine and I apologize if you want to look like a heavy lady with no muscles.

I'm confused.

I'm making a statement why you would care ?

Because you quoted me & then said how we should drop the boob topic.I never mentioned boobs once.

OMG

Yeah you did 4 times now.

The topic wasn't towards you.

You were just bring it up again.

I meant why would you care what a women's physique looks like

if you ideal physique should look like a male.