What is your ideal physique?

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Tyler Durden, that's what I'm going for (a bit corny I know)

I want to get cut, ripped, and not too bulky. I still want the slim look but def with muscle.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IdGdJ7JoXEw/ScumgHk_N6I/AAAAAAAAAaw/MeYqM4mKRJg/s400/tylerdurden.jpg

I'm going to second the Hugh Jackman post. He got really jacked in the last X-Men movie, Wolverine. Brad Pitt in fight club is also pretty awesome, and a goal I think I'll reach reasonably soon. I also like some of the swimmers, like Ryan Lochte:

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/03/18/JTMONK_narrowweb__300x489,0.jpg

I'm going to second the Hugh Jackman post. He got really jacked in the last X-Men movie, Wolverine. Brad Pitt in fight club is also pretty awesome, and a goal I think I'll reach reasonably soon. I also like some of the swimmers, like Ryan Lochte:

Any tips you may want to share on reaching the Durden physique?

Any tips you may want to share on reaching the Durden physique?

Here's what i found on the interwebs:

"After Fight Club was released Pitt became the envy of many men. His tight body was coveted, and many people sought a workout that would produce similar results. However, contrary to what most people thought, Pitt was actually at his lightest, weighing in at only 150-155 pounds, with body fat around 5-6%. It has been well documented that Pitt had an extremely regimented routine for the months before filming began. His workout was characterized by beating one muscle group up each day, then giving it the rest of the week to recover, similar to the kind of routine a professional bodybuilder would do. Finally, at the end of the week, he finished off with a good cardio workout. This put his body into fat-burning mode, which served to shed any extra padding that covered his muscles, giving him that chiselled and ripped look."

edit: added link

"After Fight Club was released Pitt became the envy of many men. His tight body was coveted, and many people sought a workout that would produce similar results. However, contrary to what most people thought, Pitt was actually at his lightest, weighing in at only 150-155 pounds, with body fat around 5-6%. It has been well documented that Pitt had an extremely regimented routine for the months before filming began. His workout was characterized by beating one muscle group up each day, then giving it the rest of the week to recover, similar to the kind of routine a professional bodybuilder would do. Finally, at the end of the week, he finished off with a good cardio workout. This put his body into fat-burning mode, which served to shed any extra padding that covered his muscles, giving him that chiselled and ripped look."

On a swedish training forum there is a thread called "we who want to look like brad pitt in fight club" and there is a lot of discussions about everything flying around on the internet. Some of what you stated above is ture, he was skinny both in weight and BF and he trained hard for months. But it wasn't a bodybuilding routine at all, he used Nautilus machines (no free weights) and he didn't train his legs at all. 4-day split with 1-2 muscle groups per day. And yes he also did cardio but I don't know how or what etc. I think it's funny that people are dying to find out how he trained and think that if they train the same way they'll get his physique.

Ako Rahim, competes in athletic fitness. I think I've posted a pic of him somewhere else in this thread.

http://www.fitness4fun.se/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/tavlingsprofil_ako_rahim.jpg

I think there are many ways you could get the Brad Pitt in fight club looks, it's not exactly special or amazing. If you've got his body type, add some muscle, and keep your body fit very low, you'll get there imo. Now just add his genetics and a perfect tan, haha.

Most guys like him in movies, and I know it was true for Hugh Jackman in wolverine, their strategy isn't to get big which doesn't necessarily look great on screen, it's to get ripped, so they do lots of compound exercises, cardio, many meals throughout the day, that sort of thing. At least from what I've read.

keep your body fit very low

It sounds funny =)

so they do lots of compound exercises

I don't know much about Jackman but as I said Pitt only did nautilus stuff. I think dehydration plays a big role in how they look when they shoot shirtless scenes etc. Oh speaking of movie stars with great physiques

http://static.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/frank-martin-shirtless.png

My guess is steroids in his case because he is really out of shape in between movies.

"After Fight Club was released Pitt became the envy of many men. His tight body was

coveted, and many people sought a workout that would produce similar results. However, contrary to what most people thought, Pitt was actually at his lightest, weighing in at only 150-155 pounds, with body fat around 5-6%. It has been well documented that Pitt had an extremely regimented routine for the months before filming began. His workout was characterized by beating one muscle group up each day, then giving it the rest of the week to recover, similar to the kind of routine a professional bodybuilder would do. Finally, at the end of the week, he finished off with a good cardio workout. This put his body into fat-burning mode, which served to shed any extra padding that covered his muscles, giving him that chiselled and ripped look."

Thanks for the reply. I've read this article before and I've been doing a similar workout plan. Something I also noticed is that Pitt has a rectangular 6-pack instead of the typical squared abs many bodybuilders have, I think this is the result for getting rid of all the BF and not working them out (getting flat abs).

Thanks for the reply. I've read this article before and I've been doing a similar workout plan. Something I also noticed is that Pitt has a rectangular 6-pack instead of the typical squared abs many bodybuilders have, seems this is the result for getting rid of all the BF and not working them out (getting flat abs), or at least it doesn't say anything about Pitt working them.

On a swedish training forum there is a thread called "we who want to look like brad pitt in fight club" and there is a lot of discussions about everything flying around on the internet. Some of what you stated above is ture, he was skinny both in weight and BF and he trained hard for months. But it wasn't a bodybuilding routine at all, he used Nautilus machines (no free weights) and he didn't train his legs at all. 4-day split with 1-2 muscle groups per day. And yes he also did cardio but I don't know how or what etc. I think it's funny that people are dying to find out how he trained and think that if they train the same way they'll get his physique.

Is there a difference if Pitt worked his legs at all? Nautilus machines is all I've been doing, except for pull-ups and push-ups.

I think there are many ways you could get the Brad Pitt in fight club looks, it's not exactly special or amazing. If you've got his body type, add some muscle, and keep your body fit very low, you'll get there imo. Now just add his genetics and a perfect tan, haha.

Most guys like him in movies, and I know it was true for Hugh Jackman in wolverine, their strategy isn't to get big which doesn't necessarily look great on screen, it's to get ripped, so they do lots of compound exercises, cardio, many meals throughout the day, that sort of thing. At least from what I've read.

I was wondering, do you do any swimming?

Is there a difference if Pitt worked his legs at all? Nautilus machines is all I've been doing, except for pull-ups and push-ups.

I'm not sure I understand the question. If he doesn't train legs it's not a typical bodybuilding routine at all and his overall physique was probably a bit weird. If I were you I would skip the machines and do free weights instead.

I'm not sure I understand the question. If he doesn't train legs it's not a typical bodybuilding routine at all and his overall physique was probably a bit weird. If I were you I would skip the machines and do free weights instead.

Yeah, if you do machines instead, you will achieve a physique like his much easier.

Yeah, if you do machines instead, you will achieve a physique like his much easier.

Is this what you really meant to say?

Is this what you really meant to say?

Nope. I just about responded saying yes, but then my brain finally wrapped itself around the fact that I said machines. If you do free weights instead, you will attain his physique much easier. I had to retype this response several times. Apparently I can't think today.

• 1 month later...