disney princess soon to become WWF superstar...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stairmaster or go running up and down stadium steps to get the fat off the ass - and yes it is the last to go! The supplement Carnitine and CLA can also help.

I would up your carbs (extra veggies at least) just to keep the upper half of you from disappearing, as you up your cardio for your legs only.

Your body is beautiful. With fake Tan, your legs will show more cuts. You're right about no meat, but you aren't competing Pro, so...just worry about keeping and building on what you have. To cut the butt fat...cardio, cardio, cardio. And leg specific free weight stuff...squats, lunges and butt wrk

This is going to sound so nit picky, but, as flat and beautiful as your abs are...you need to get some more definition in the lower abs Your rectus abdomnis muscles need to "pop" more---that may just be cardio to lean it out,..but it doesn't look it- you are pretty lean and your waist is princess tiny!, or like you wrote..you are naturally skinny. Your hair is beautiful, your face is gorgeous, your body is amazing...but to WIN..you need some more MUSCLE definition on lower bod. Protein builds muscle...perhaps on your micros get some more protein. I know my coach had me at 120 - 150 grams a day and I am a LOT shorter than you, ...but it worked . I didn't gain any weight or more butt pudge, but I got more defined. I didn't want to buy into it...but he was right.

And, again, amazing!

thanks for the insights...

calipers have me at 10.5% body fat 2 days ago which is too lean for 10 weeks out, I've only been cutting for 5 weeks and still 10 weeks to go. I'm going back to bulking for a month. Kills me to drop cardio because it made such a difference...and I'll be paranoid I'm getting fat. I noticed my belly button is only half as as deep as it was a month ago. I feel frustrated because I thought my body fat was higher and I was just about to amp up the cardio but my mentor sent a big warning that I'm too thin after seeing these pics.

The pics don't show it but my abs are almost as defined as my back...I think its the light...should there be ab definition below the bellybutton? I'll have to look at some pro pics...I do have 6 in my 6 pack. I'm starting to see cuts in my quads but subtle.

Just keep at it, girl! We all have our strong points! Keep your eye on the prize! DO NOT GIVE UP!!! You've obviously been successful this far, the rest will come...it just takes time and diet! #1 suggestion, if you're not seeing what you want to see on your legs... change it up! Find new exercises! After all...you don't want this

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Einstein

Get it! It's yours if you go after it! Which you ARE!!! )

It is the light then. As i said, you look amazing! I felt bad typing it. The trainer in me says dont drop your cardio, but do a lower level intensity. And agree w/mj ...spice it up. Thoight: go buy a chrapie tanner and do a once over. You wi will see the cuts more and have a better idea. But you wanna pop! If you're abs look like your back..you are there!

thanks...you folks are great...I have no trainers or anyone here in small mountain town who knows anything so I rely on what people say on the internet.

I

I'm going to LA next week and getting a spray tan - which a friend of mine says is vegan...although I'm skeptical. What's in those spray tans? Then hopefully I can get a decent abs photo.

you wanna see a 6 pack/ distinct...and lower abs is the "v" that comes into the pubic crest area. as you said its probably the lighting. your legs have improved from your very first set of pics. I would seriously look into tweaking my macros to up the protein--minimum 1 g of protein per body weight...you need to keep that muscle!

Real Food Daily is in Santa Monica, and I think there is another one somewhere in LA..A most yum vegan restaurant! Saw "Kramer" in there once. Please keep us posted. So many peeps competing...makes me want to eat even better!

I am eating almost 200g of protein a day...macros at 42% carb 32% protein and 23% fat...just upped to 2700 cal a day (up from 2400) now that I'm gonna bulk for a month. I do two 45 minute weight sessions a day and was doing 30 min cardio too..but dropping cardio at least for a week.... I'll be in Santa Monica next Wednesday...maybe check out that restaurant...

• 1 month later...

5 weeks out from competition....

body feeling ok...diet and 3 workouts a day going great. 10.5% body fat 2 days ago...6 pack is there... but cortisone build up and adrenaline problems have had me in emergency twice in the last month. I take 7 different herbal/vegan meds 3 times a day and still my arms and legs twitch all night and I can't sleep...making things really hard. This insomnia has been going for months! My mind is sooo tired but my body is pumped on adrenaline 24/7. The only real cure is 2 weeks off the gym but I can't do that 18 days from competition.

HPIM1019.JPG.1bded1756722709769eff57dd0b5a7df.JPG

HPIM1002.JPG.61594356818e3a69e88dc7d923276d01.JPG

Wow! You're in great shape! Sorry to hear you're not able to sleep and that your body twitches. Have you been able to take naps during the day to try to catch up on rest?

I think you could take a few days off and be just fine for competition.

For one competition (which I won and had maybe my best-ever physique) I hurt my back and wasn't able to train for the final 8 days leading up to it. Not even once and not even cardio. I wasn't even sure I could compete with the pain in my back from the injury. But even after 8 days of not training, I got on stage and perhaps looked my best-ever.

I know it's hard to consider taking a break when doing contest prep, but it doesn't always have to mean a step backward, it can mean a step toward success and better health.

Hope you're able to rest up soon.

All the best with your competition too!

Looking great!

I know that feeling. I competed for almost 10 years (working on a comeback now, haven't competed since 2009) and often had that feeling.

If I missed a workout I would go crazy, get frustrated, feel depressed, feel like I was shrinking and the same went for meals. If I was at a social event like watching a movie, I had to have my food or I felt like I was losing ground or taking steps back, etc.

So I know how you feel. I also know I was forced into rest a couple of times. I also had a hospital issue back in 2001 in contest prep and then emergency back issue in 2009, which I mentioned. I couldn't even walk and figured I wasn't going to compete, but did anyway and looked my best ever, once my body had a chance to breathe, relax, catch up on recovery, and even grow a bit, based on that recovery.

Think a bit more about it and see if it fits into the picture of overall health for you.

I wish you all the best. Contest day is coming up soon and once it is over, things will calm down a bit and you'll be able to get more (much needed) rest.

Be well.

Robert

Awesome! That is how I casually gaze too, lats out!

Looking really lean with great width in the back.

Well done!

Glad you put some half workouts in there too.

How are things going with rest and sleep? Getting any better?

Be well. All the best in 11 days!

-Robert

Sleep is about 6 - 7 hrs a night....but starting to get consistent...fewer nights of 2 - 4 hrs. I frequently wake up soaked in sweat between midnight and 1 am...not sure what that's about its just been in this last month, I'm careful not to work hard in my evening workouts and feel pretty cool by bedtime...someone said its just my body in super cutting mode?

Typical back is 3 to 5 exercises, 3 sets each 6 - 10 reps...last set always a drop set... I change up the exercises each time but my master list is:

chin ups - wide/narrow and sometimes with 10 - 20lbs weight

lat pulldown

reverse lat pulldown

straight arm pulldown

dumbell 1 arm row

seated row

lever row/bent over row

cross pulley

I used to live with Lean and Green from the forum and he would sweat like crazy at night if he ate certain foods late at night. I don't know if it could be related to your sweating but that did it for him.

Have a great day.

What are the supp's you take, if any? Maybe a trigger in there or, as Robert states a certain food.

When I have to be up early for work I always sleep terribly. It's like I know I need to sleep & if it's gone eleven I then get annoyed I'm still awake, so I stress, then I can't sleep. It's just a circle I get myself into.

Try the obvious things like no tv, texting ect an hr before bed & read something. I usually nod off listening to some death metal...

I guess then no more bean sprouts and carrots before bed

I was taking creatine and L glutamine....doctor said to drop creatine ASAP. I've tried a million different herbal/vegan sleep aids...and with a combination of 7 of them, including a tea that mimics cortisol to trick my body into thinking it doesn't need to make more, it has gradually improved the last 2 weeks to around 7 hrs a night...normally I'd get 9hrs and with hard workouts even longer so its not really enough but at least I can function.

I've tried EVERYTHING with adjusting lifestyle and night routine before bed...nothing helped. My adrenaline no longer shuts off, its screaming 24/7...I feel like I'm relaxed, my mind relaxed too...but I just lay in bed not sleeping and heart rate too high. Luckily I only work afternoons...I can always sleep in IF I sleep....