Greetings

cafenervosa

Sort of new here. I've been here before and have been a bit of lurker for awhile and figured I'd introduce myself. I've been a vegan off and on for several years now and have finally made the full on decision to stick with being 100% vegan with the future goal of going raw vegan. On the plus side, I'm in a wonderful new (just under a year) relationship with a wonderfully supportive man that would never in a million years ever critisize my vegan lifestyle. On the negative side, he is full on "meat and potatoes" hardcore SAD eater. He loves junk "diet" food and is a McDonalds regular . He's in pretty good shape and health and is active and we share many interests and activities together including working out together. But I can't help feeling kind of bad that while he supports my choices he doesn't have any interest in changing the way he eats. I'm hoping to change his mind slowly by setting the very best example for him that I possibly can.

A bit about me: I have been a long time weight lifter and have been involved in long distance open water swimming, triathlong and running. A serious injury sidelined me for a long time (broken back & neck) but I am slowly getting back into lifting and working out again. I'm fully recovered and am able to train and workout without limitation. However I have a long road ahead of me to get back into the shape I once was in. I'm hoping to be a regular here as I start back onto the road to health and fitness.

Cheers all

Yea, I know what you're saying Ted. It makes me sad to think about what the long term affects of his diet will eventually have on him. That's why I'm really hoping to lead by example and show him that it's totally possible to eat awesome tasting vegan meals, stay healthy and be active and strong.

Yea, I know what you're saying Ted. It makes me sad to think about what the long term affects of his diet will eventually have on him. That's why I'm really hoping to lead by example and show him that it's totally possible to eat awesome tasting vegan meals, stay healthy and be active and strong.

totally. i have never dated a vegan but i have changed almost everyone i have dated, including my fiance, just by making awesome food and slowly getting them educated.

totally. i have never dated a vegan but i have changed almost everyone i have dated, including my fiance, just by making awesome food and slowly getting them educated.

I agree. My bf was very much a meat and 3 veg man. He's favourite meal was 'snags and gravy'. When I became vegetarian it used to upset me to see him eat meat and I asked if he would ever stop. He said he was happy to support me but 'it wasn't for him'. Now he rarely eats meat - only if we go out, he might get some chicken or fish. He happily eats all my vegan food and will even opt for my veggie sausages over meat ones at BBQs (much to my dad's disgust )