Italy stops importing seals' leather products

Cristian

After years of pressure by LAV (the Italian society against vivisection), the Italian government approved a bill to stop the country from importing these "goods". From the 13th of this month is illegal to import baby seals' leather and the ban will soon include adult's leather too.

The bill is mainly aimed at stop importing leather from Canada to protest against their barbaric slaughter of millions of innocent animals and also bans leather from Norway & Russia.

Up until 10 years ago, this "business" was worth around 5M euros in Italy, last year it went down to a mere 60,000 euros: things were already moving in the right direction.

Other countries like Belgium, Holland, Mexico and Greenland are about to pass similar legislation although new markets are emerging in Japan, India and Indonesia

This is really good news, thank you for sharing. I can't believe that the Seal Hunting is still going on. I read a few things on the politicians and that basically almost all of them have to approve it before they are appointed (correct me if I am wrong). I also read a quote from one man and it was sick. Boycott them all the way! Good news Cristian, thanks!