Rawmatt 5 month's

Went from my 1100 calorie diet a day to almost 2000. 100% raw is tough because most all vegan foods in their natural state contain fiber. Ive had to re-design my whole diet program. Ive added 10lbs of solid muscle however and doing it with bodyfat still below 10%. Let me know any particular foods that you have had success with that I might add to my regime.

1968258053_Photoon2011-10-17at21_00.jpg.34cd2c4d6671ca03388a601f02d68068.jpg

646231920_Photoon2011-10-17at21_003.jpg.3dc162bcce999488b6258527f5a769ba.jpg

1366074864_Photoon2011-10-18at01_512.jpg.05e675a79a29db7385b79c1238575e42.jpg

Bananas of course! Add 5 more to add an additional 500 calories.

Whenever I did almonds/walnuts, I would try to get some greens with them, just to help digest them properly. So a spinach smoothie and almond bars (almonds and dates basically), alternating bites/slurps.

looking good! i dont know if you want advice about cooked food, or just raw.

i always praise chickpeas. just soak them, pressure cook and eat like that

PS: I am actually interested in what you have eaten in the last 5 months? maybe I could do the same, you really look very good

Matt, I'm raw, too, and I love sprouted lentils. You can make a raw version of almost any lentil recipe--soups, burgers, salads--by just adding all the ingredients without cooking. The soups you can make thick and then add warmed water with each serving to make them more winter-friendly without breaking your raw vow. If I'm still hungry at bedtime, I open my mouth for a big bite of soaked raw almonds and then tip a dash of raw agave syrup into my gaping jaw. Whole oat groats soaked 24 hours added to dried fruit and a bit of coconut oil mixed in is an awesome breakfast, keeping you full for hours. Ground hemp seed is a balanced protein powder for smoothies, I always take a Nalgene bottle full of that with me to the gym.

Fabulous ink, by the way, very unique and body-enhancing. Hard to claim in this tat-soaked world.

Baby Herc

• 1 month later...

You look awesome! I'm a raw vegan as well and trying to gain some serious muscle. The foods I eat for this are TONS of greens lke kale and spinach, bananas, some sprouted nuts and lentils. Hemp is an important one. There's also raw protein powders out there, like Sun Warrior.

• 6 years later...
Looking very good!

I would also be curious to have a look at your diet

Oh wow ! I just now read my messages hahahhahaa

I eat 2 meals and drink 1-2 meals. I start around noon or 2pm and stop at 8-10pm. I drink a smoothie and eat a coconut for the calories and zucchini pasta. Sometimes I can force another smoothie but its hard. I have to be really motivated to consume food when I do not want to, and since I am not a competitive bodybuilder i usually neglect it.