dietician's advice... now I need your help!

Hey guys! I recently met up with a dietician whom is vegan and has been for 20 years. She recommended these specifics for my profile:

1700-1900 calories

225g carbs

50-70g fats

75 g protein

I'm working on the macros and feeling a bit overwhelmed. I recently posted regarding feeling foggy and you guys were awesome to help me out by saying eat more. I've slowly been getting better but I have my bad days where a caloric deficit catches up with me.

I find I'm going way over almost 100g over on my carbs and still struggling to meet my protein needs. I've leaned out quite a bit which is awesome and I feel better after properly refueling after workouts.

can you guys help me with my meal plan please? I need to up my protein ALOT! any tips would be great as well please!

workout:

35 minutes HIIT on the elliptical

post workout:

1 cup light silk with a half a scoop of vegan proteins +

breakfast:

0.5 scoop vegan proteins +

1tbsp flax

1tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

1 cup mixed fruit

1 frozen banana

1 cup unsweetened almond breeze

Lunch:

0.5 cup organic brown rice

2/3 cup black beans

1 cupmixed vegetables

1 tbsp pumpkin seeds

mustard, relish

snack:

apple

1 tbsp pb

dinner:

same as lunch

snack: apple and carrot

calories 1751

protein 37g ( soooo loooowww )

fat: 35g ( getting better slowly )

Thanks guys!

here is a day where I felt great with lots of energy: don't know if it was a fluke?

breakfast: 3/4 cup oatmeal, 0.5 scoop vegan proteins +, apple, flax seed

lunch: 3/4 wild rice blend, 1/2 kidney beans, 6 brussel sprouts, 1/2 can green beans

snack: 0.5 sweet potato, 1tbsp peanut butter

dinner: same as lunch

calories 1700

protein 47g ( still looowww)

fats 32 grams

my only problem with this plan is it seems really grain dependant. Im working on leaning out. ( not overweight by any means but i want more ab definition)

Edited by sportsfreak17

Yep, your calories are still pretty low. For the energy issues I find spreading 3 heavy meals a day doesn't really work for me, I eat about 5 smaller meals a throughout the day, the biggest being dinner (don't ask me why, I'm always hungry at night). For protein, try eating more nuts/avocados. Tofu and soy milk work too.

On a side note, Cool, I eat organic brown rice too =D But I eat 3 cups of it for dinner o.O and 2 cups for lunch. Either my cups are smaller or I'm just a calorie junkie...

Yep, your calories are still pretty low. For the energy issues I find spreading 3 heavy meals a day doesn't really work for me, I eat about 5 smaller meals a throughout the day, the biggest being dinner (don't ask me why, I'm always hungry at night). For protein, try eating more nuts/avocados. Tofu and soy milk work too.

On a side note, Cool, I eat organic brown rice too =D But I eat 3 cups of it for dinner o.O and 2 cups for lunch. Either my cups are smaller or I'm just a calorie junkie...

thanks for the info.... Slow but sure! Learning new things everyday which is great.

Edited by sportsfreak17

Try adding tempeh, tofu or seitan to your veg/ rice mixes. They're all full of protein, and low in both calories and fat. And, seitan is crazy easy and cheap to make.

Also, add at least one scoop of veg powder-- that's 13g protein.

Thank you! I definitely will!!!!! Seitan is a bit expensive to make because of the vital wheat gluten... at least here in Canada? I've managed to get my protein way up using edamame, protein powder, beans etc. I'm still experimenting with combinations that work and ones that will help me feel the best and most balanced. I'm wondering if anyone follows a particular method when creating a meal??? For example: bean, grain, veggie etc? It's always hard figuring out what works for your body. That and I'm not going to lie, I'm impatient lol!

Thanks for your input!!!!!!!!

Edited by sportsfreak17

Hey guys! I recently met up with a dietician whom is vegan and has been for 20 years. She recommended these specifics for my profile:

1700-1900 calories

225g carbs

50-70g fats

75 g protein

I'm working on the macros and feeling a bit overwhelmed. I recently posted regarding feeling foggy and you guys were awesome to help me out by saying eat more. I've slowly been getting better but I have my bad days where a caloric deficit catches up with me.

I find I'm going way over almost 100g over on my carbs and still struggling to meet my protein needs. I've leaned out quite a bit which is awesome and I feel better after properly refueling after workouts.

can you guys help me with my meal plan please? I need to up my protein ALOT! any tips would be great as well please!

workout:

post workout:

breakfast:

1tbsp flax

1 cup mixed fruit

1 frozen banana

Lunch:

2/3 cup black beans

1 cupmixed vegetables

1 tbsp pumpkin seeds

mustard, relish

snack:

apple

1 tbsp pb

dinner:

same as lunch

calories 1751

Thanks guys!

Brandi

here is a day where I felt great with lots of energy: don't know if it was a fluke?

lunch: 3/4 wild rice blend, 1/2 kidney beans, 6 brussel sprouts, 1/2 can green beans

calories 1700

fats 32 grams

my only problem with this plan is it seems really grain dependant. Im working on leaning out. ( not overweight by any means but i want more ab definition)

DANG, 32 fat?! yowza. Try adding nuts, seeds, or even oils for fats, and AVOCADO!

don't neglect the avocado. you NEED fat to stay slim and to be able to even function correctly.

and 47 protein? get more with red star nutritional yeast, hemp protein, tofu, legumes, tempeh.

it is SO much easier than you think to consume food, sounds like you might have some eating issues as well.

be well! we're all here to help

1700-1900 calories

225g carbs

50-70g fats

75 g protein

workout:

post workout:

breakfast:

1tbsp flax

1 cup mixed fruit

1 frozen banana

Lunch:

2/3 cup black beans

1 cupmixed vegetables

1 tbsp pumpkin seeds

mustard, relish

snack:

apple

1 tbsp pb

dinner:

same as lunch

calories 1751

Thanks guys!

Brandi

calories 1700

fats 32 grams

DANG, 32 fat?! yowza. Try adding nuts, seeds, or even oils for fats, and AVOCADO!

don't neglect the avocado. you NEED fat to stay slim and to be able to even function correctly.

and 47 protein? get more with red star nutritional yeast, hemp protein, tofu, legumes, tempeh.

it is SO much easier than you think to consume food, sounds like you might have some eating issues as well.

be well! we're all here to help

thank you, I appreciate your advice! I will definitely get some nutritional yeast. I'm starting to realize that it is easier!! I will definitely be adding more avacado and nuts into my diet.

cheers

I'm not sure what your morning schedule is like but do you eat prior to a workout? I aways perform better when I eat a small snack 30 minutes prior. Even when cutting down fat I still lose some because my daily deficit is enough to help with fat loss. For my snack I will have an apple or some toast and pb. Sometimes some almonds so I have energy for the gym. Then I go into my post workout and daily routine. So far so good.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk