Diet for Arthritis

Bonn1997

I have arthtritis in both knees and have read about the benefits of both gluten-free and grain-free diets. I'm trying to figure out how to get enough slow-digesting, complex, non-inflammatory carbs without eating any grains but I'm stuck. I've been looking at http://nutritiondata.self.com/

I see some that are only mildly inflammatory like green peas and a few kinds of beans (pinto, black). I realize many vegetables are anti-inflammatory like broccoli and spinach but they tend to be quite low in calories. I'd have to eat 50 or 100 servings of these per day just to get an adequate number of carbs. I'd appreciate advice on what to eat. Thanks!

Cherries and almonds are great anti inflamatory foods. I have arthritis and systemis lupus in my family and I can tell a big difference in my weightlifting recovery when I eat at least of cup of each throughout the day (as opposed to not eating them). Cherries have amazing anti-inflamatory properties and almonds are a great source of Vit. E with also helps battle inflamation.

• 10 years later...

For arthritis, it's really important to eat a diet because it can have a positive effect on the dynamics of your treatment, but also don't forget to use medication, such as arthritis treatment capsules from Acuraflex.
My arthritis had been plaguing me for quite some time, but once I started using these capsules, the problem disappeared forever!
I think you should try them as well.

• Like 1