Dairy protein and gas

Jun

Hi.

I just want to ask a simple question here.

Basically my daily dietary proportions are: 95% vegetarian 5% pescetarian 1% meat (When having very special occasions)

I almost never eat junk food and greasy fatty fast food, and I also eat little. I do yoga and weight training 5 to 6 days a week. I am Asian, so most of my dishes are made of tofu, beans and rice, which means that I rarely consume wheat and cheese or anything that normally goes with the typical Western dish.

However, today I met someone dear who I hadn't seen for 8 years and fell into the temptation of having pizza with tonnes of cheese and greasy seafood pasta in a fancy restaurant just because I didn't want to say no to anything she would say.

What happened next is, some time after lunch, I find my belly full of gas and start feeling the urge to fart so very often, like every 5 minutes or so. But then I can't let it out because I am walking right next to her.

Now that I am back home, I am madly farting like a freed prisoner and the bad part is that I am feeling kinda sick.

Could this be the result of what I ate to day? Like my body sensitively reacting to cheese, which is something I very rarely consume? Or am I just needlessly worrying too much?

Don't laugh at me! I am a Taekwondo master !!!

Thanks in advance.

Jun

Edited by Jun

• 3 weeks later...
Hi.

I just want to ask a simple question here.

Basically my daily dietary proportions are: 95% vegetarian 5% pescetarian 1% meat (When having very special occasions)

I almost never eat junk food and greasy fatty fast food, and I also eat little. I do yoga and weight training 5 to 6 days a week. I am Asian, so most of my dishes are made of tofu, beans and rice, which means that I rarely consume wheat and cheese or anything that normally goes with the typical Western dish.

However, today I met someone dear who I hadn't seen for 8 years and fell into the temptation of having pizza with tonnes of cheese and greasy seafood pasta in a fancy restaurant just because I didn't want to say no to anything she would say.

What happened next is, some time after lunch, I find my belly full of gas and start feeling the urge to fart so very often, like every 5 minutes or so. But then I can't let it out because I am walking right next to her.

Now that I am back home, I am madly farting like a freed prisoner and the bad part is that I am feeling kinda sick.

Could this be the result of what I ate to day? Like my body sensitively reacting to cheese, which is something I very rarely consume? Or am I just needlessly worrying too much?

Don't laugh at me! I am a Taekwondo master !!!

Thanks in advance.

Jun

It sounds like you are lactose intollerant which is actually a normal occurance for most adults. If I were you I would avoid dairy all together and the next time you order pizza tell them to make your without cheese.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with Jungleinthefrunk and EARNEST. This is a vegan forum and you are clearly not vegan or even state you are aspiring to go vegan. Perhaps you should post your question on a vegetarian or omnivore forum.

this, seriously whut? who comes here posting questions about dairy/meat?

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting thread....

Agreed the topic is not particularity suited to a vegan forum....but did some of you need to be so rude in condemning it when you could have said the same things kindly?

Fishing, rodeos, zoos...bad yes...as bad as animal tested meds, household chemicals are all animal tested...anybody here use those things...do we consider ourselves 100% vegan?

I mentioned in another thread that I choose not to take medications which are animal tested and suffer my sore throats and headaches without medications that animal suffer hideously for, and then I was attacked by a dozen people... condemning my effort to reduce animal suffering. I was attacked by vegans for my effort to not be a part of animal suffering! I don't understand a lot of people on this site.... less than 100% vegans are put down...and those going beyond a vegan diet are put down...lol

When it comes to animal suffering, is eating cheese on a rare occasion worse than taking Tylenol painkiller for your headache?

I wonder, if Jun eats cheese less often than some others of us take Tylenol - and give our money to animal testing companies, that possibly Jun has less impact on animal suffering than some of us vegans...just a thought that's outside the box...