Hi All

Sixfingered

Hi everyone, new user here. Have enjoyed reading all your stories, tips etc. My name is Peter, I've been vegan for a bit over a year. I've run a couple half marathons and a full marathon as a vegan. Now I'd like to put running on the back burner for a while and gain some muscle mass. I'm almost done reading vegan body building and fitness and I'm trying to make a meal plan and training plan. I don't foresee any problems with the diet part, I'm a decent enough cook. However I'm a novice when it comes to the machines at the gym and the best exercises to do with the free weights. The book has definitely help me learn some new exercises, but want to make sure I do them correctly. Do you all recommend getting a few personal training sessions to make sure I do things right? I'm in San Diego, so if there are any other San Diegans here I'd be interested in finding a workout buddy.

thanks,

Peter

Hey & welcome. My advice personally would be to build a program a round the 3 big movements. Squat, bench press & the main one dead lift.

I switched from long distance running to bodybuilding & the key is loose the runners mentality.

Just because your not pounding away for two hrs doesn't mean your not working hard.

To start keep it simple, a back day could be a dead lift, chins & a row. Don't over complicate things.