Looking for vegan safe Amino supplement...?

Simi

Just wondering if anyone knows of an amino supplement that is vegan safe and preferably has a complete essential amino acid profile...?

I have one at the moment but it's only bcaa's. Keen to try a complete amino supplement, if there is one...

Thanks!

Sim

Not sure what to recommend specifically because I don't know what the products are like in Australia.

In the US, Purple Wraath and Humapro are the only vegan eaas I know of (and the humapro was just mentioned on this site by someone else a few days ago). The biggest issue is that a lot of cheap leucine is derived from duck feathers.

Ajinomoto is the one manufacturer I know of that makes the animal free aminos, but they don't sell consumer products.

Thanks!

Yep we got both of them down here! I've actually had purple wraath before, humapro looks awesome but pretty pricey.

I also got confirmation that Bulk Nutrient's product "essential aminos" is completely vegan, and free of any flavor/color/additives, so for anyone else interested here's the link:

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/CatalogueRetrieve.aspx?ProductID=1099720&A=SearchResult&SearchID=1027584&ObjectID=1099720&ObjectType=27&fb_source=message

• 1 month later...

Ajinomoto aminos are synthesized via GMO. Which in my opinion is still Vegan, but I'm not sure if there's an official ruling out there on it or not.

I recommend Vegan Traveler Nutrition's supplement. It has a well proportioned amino spectrum, all vegetable based, no soy and easy to buy online.

-Mike