In pain!

So I finally found a great training buddy for free weights. He knows a lot about bodybuilding and he helps me through my training.

I have never done free weights before and I already LOOOOVE it! But I'm in SO much pain right now. My muscles are sore, my body just feel like it's been beaten up badly! We worked out yesterday and today. Is this normal? I use Sunwarrior protein before and after workout.. I drink plenty of water, and my buddy does not allow me to push myself to hard right now. I also do stretch after workout..

Why I am so sore?? It hurts like hell :/

Welcome to getting to know your body limits on weights, and how to repair your body fast!

If you are in a sore pain, that means you have successfully done microtears in your muscle tissue. The body will now attempt to repair the muscle tissue, plus make it stronger (alas - BIGGER!) for the next time this happens to it. So think of everything that you can to make it optimal for you to repair - enough nutrients (protein, carbs, phytonutrients (coenzyme factors to keep the enzymes repairing)), sleep, not utilizing the damaged muscle tissue, and keep your immune system optimal by not letting stress wear it down.

Mmmmmmmm. Soreness........ means bigger muscles in the near future! So smile thru the pain. Remember these beginner times, when you get sore and build big fast. You will get to a plateau in the future, where you try and try, but it will take massive effort just to get sore.

Remember these beginner times, when you get sore and build big fast. You will get to a plateau in the future, where you try and try, but it will take massive effort just to get sore.

So true. Newbie gains were the days.

It's funny you say you won't miss it but, to be honest, it's one of life's ironies - I definitely miss the soreness I used to feel when I first started lifting even though, at the time, I hated it.

Yeah that's kind of ironic. In 2 months maybe I'll sit here reading my own words and think man I miss it

You talk about fast newbie gains.. Is it really going that fast? I'm kinda fat, so I don't think so

Without getting too technical, in the newbie stages, it's one of the few times that a body recomp (muscle growth with simultaneous fat loss) is possible without being super obsessive over details/taking forever. If your nutrition and training are in check, you'll make fast gains while also shedding some fat. I wouldn't call it "super fast," but you'll definitely be able to do it better than someone who has been lifting for a long time.

2 months is still newbie territory (2 years is newbie territory to me). Fast gains in how much you can lift. To go from a 10lbs dumbbell to an awesome 25lbs dumbbell is a fast gain (total gain is 15lbs!) in my book. For me, going from the 25lbs dumbbell to a 30 lbs dumbbell is a gain (a hard fought and won 5lbs!) for me and it will take months for me to do that!

That is what I mean about newbie gains.

Analogy: you are getting all the ingredients together to make an awesome cake, and you have baked it, and it is coming out of the oven. You then get to look forward to designing the frosting and decorations. I am fighting to have either frosting piping on my cake, or frosting roses placed on the top. Actually that will be in 3 months time when I start to diet down. I guess for bulking I am just plopping on the buttercream frosting and taking my spatula to spread it on thickly. . . yummy frosting!

Your muscles will get used to it. Eat plenty, sleep enough but most importantly days your sore - stay active. Days I'm really stiff I'll do some squats with an empty bar or some band work to ease the stiffness, improve flexibility and get ready for the next workout.

Muscle soreness question,

Certain muscles after I work them I can feel the good pain a few hrs later, other parts of my body I workout and I wont feel pain there till at least 36hrs later....

Why is this ? Theres some weird muscle soreness delay that I wonder about...