Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on my mood but normally i water sautee them. Usually I do virgin coconut oil if I use oil at all and only if I notice I haven't had much fat in my diet for the day and it is usually only 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of oil

Stress stress go away you killing all my efforts to lose weight!!!!!! 175.8 and to top it off I felt funny this morning like low blood sugar shaky so I tested my blood sugar 148!!! WTF!?!?!? I will have to keep a close eye on my blood sugar now.

I am on day 2 no coffee and day 2 of green tea. I might enjoy a cup or 2 a month as a treat since I get 2 free coffees a month with Starbucks gold card (score!!). I think my body is under fire and over stressed right now that yoga felt super amazing and it was like the instructor was talking to me. I really think it is time to find a job or client that is more understanding to my eating habits than the lady I am with. She is complaining because I eat to much, cook to much and use the bathroom excessively (I drink at least or close to 3 liters of water while there....). I literally am to the point I feel guilty about eating and drinking while I am there but can't go that long without food and water. I miss working nights!!!

Ok so I broke down and had a thin slice of banana bread today. I could smell it all over the kitchen. I was still hungry after lunch so I opted for a few dry roasted almonds and cherries to tide me over til snack time while I ran errands. I bought some dates and at some of those too. I noticed no issues with dry roasted almonds so looks like almonds will be back in diet for a while!! I guess maybe raw almonds is a little much for my body to digest???

Maybe you had a bad batch of raw almonds? There is a fungus that grows on outside of nuts that causes stomach distress also (immune system attacking it). Perhaps that was it? and roasted almonds won't have it on it as it is killed by heat (and also the salt - if they are also salted).

Banana bread is a nice treat - especially if it is a 'tasting' slice ^.^!

It was a tasting slice. No salt on my nuts at all. I fresh roasted them this am. Just glad to add them back into my diet. Went to see MIB3 tonight for some stress free time and getting ready to lay down with my pup for some loves. I need to slow back down again and love life again

I have no idea what is going on in my body!!! 176.4.....overtraining in cardio maybe??? Maybe my body is in starvation mode and holding onto everything I eat??? I am at a loss right now and very discouraged. I will keep documenting and will cancel the idea of baking breads for awhile at work. Blood sugar this morning is 95 yay!!

Ok in 9 hrs I will be in the presence of KC's bodybuilding/figure/bikini competitors and will be in awe! So excited to get reinspired and motivated beyond what I already am. Realized I won't have time to run to the gym for my cardio session so while at work I will do 10-15 min bursts of air bike, run the stairs a couple times, lots of jumping jacks, try to run around the neighborhood or anything just to get some cardio in today. I have been running around all morning, stuck in bad traffic (a hospital marathon was going on in the area I had to go to), grocery shopping all before work. I started my day at 7 am and I am finally stopping for a breather and a coffee to help prevent what felt like a tension headache coming on despite my best efforts to breath through it and calm down with soothing music. I was in no hurry at all but everyone around me was. Crazy how rushed people are when here I am trying to slow down again haha

Wow just got home from my first competition to see what I have ahead of me.... I have a LONG ways to go. Almost 200 competitors signed up and SOOOOOO many crossovers that I didn't know could happen. A bikini girl crossed over into physique I was like really??? She was rail thin and no true muscle except for her abs.... and a figure girl crossed over into bikini. So confusing I have a lot of rules to read and learn. My vegetarian yoga teacher took 1st in Masters and 3rd in open and top 5 for overall. BTW it was her first show:)!!!! Now I must crash it is 12:48am and I have to be up at 6am (GAG!!!!)

Wow, that is alot of competitors! How many were female BBers? Lately I have seen one or two in the Open, and a couple in the Masters, while Bikini and Physique are overflowing with competitiors. I am happy for you that you were inspired by the show! And congrats to your veggie yoga teacher! That is so awesome for her first show! I hope she had a good experience showcasing her 'work'.

So I googled who Nick Scott was, and I love his website! Very inspirational!

Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to Pass.

It's about Learning to Dance in the Rain.

I like that!

Bikini and figure were overflowing. Physique and BB there might have been a total of 6-8 girls. Fitness only had 2 girls. One had the body but her performance left a lot to be desired. The other had a bikini body and her performance was just flips.... I found bikini to be rather boring. What threw me was there was a men's board short physique category..... I wasn't at all impressed with that idea because it just looked like an ad for like Banana Republic or Abercrombie and Fitch.

My yoga instructor had a photo taken with Nick Scott. He is holding her in his arms and insisted that her shoes get in the picture lol. I forgot to mention that Branch Warren was there to but missed his posing due to potty break and meeting Nick Scott. The awards they handed out were so cool... swords!!!!!

Ok back on track with logging! Was a pretty good day. I baked some banana zucchini bread and Wednesday I will be on a baking spree for snacks for my client and her daughter who is coming into town.

Cardio: 25 min walk with dog, 15 min??? walk to and from grocery store, 15 min track walk, 1/2 mile run/ 1/2mile walk(building up slowly)

Chest/shoulder/triceps

giant set

band flyes: 3 sets 20 reps

stability ball crunches: 3 sets 20 reps

low incline pushups: 3 sets 20 reps

super set

incline dumbbell press: 3 sets 20 lbs 20 reps

medicine ball throw: 1 set 12 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 20 reps

super set

shoulder press: 2 sets 15 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 20 lbs 20 reps (trainer kept saying I made the 15 lbs look easy....)

weighted double crunch: 3 sets 6 lbs 20 reps

giant set

band triceps press down: 3 sets 20 reps

kickbacks: 3 sets 10 lbs 20 reps

bench dips: 3 sets 20 reps ( used to only be able to do 1-4 if I had a good day)

Really getting tired of my workout partner and her lack of effort. She has no motivation and didn't even want to come to training session today. Only reason she did was because her son wanted to come. It lags my training down and annoys me but I just put on a happy face and do my sets. My trainer made me giggle today when I was complaining that the guy I am kinda seeing baked me a nut free, gluten free vegan german chocolate cake and saying how it wasn't in diet. He was like my god you sound like a bodybuilder hahaha I am back to thinking only about working out and how hard I need to push myself. I am seriously ready to let go of my social life and just focus on my training which I know is wrong of me to think like that.

Powerballs = food process together - dates, coconut oil, and lemon (zest and juice)

And they stay in the refrigerator a long time (mine is going on 6 weeks! and they are still good! maybe if I freeze them they will last me all summer!).

Social life does change when you think like a bodybuilder, but then again, it does when you are a vegan too.

MMMM those sound good except I might eat them all in 1 day lol. I just thought it funny my trainer saying what you say to me you sound like a bodybuilder. I have to confess I did have a slice of zucchini banana bread today too. I made it yesterday and cut the oil in half but didn't cut back on the sugar. I think I am close to starting my monthly cause I am starting to feel hungry more and feeling a little more annoyed with people I adore.

Ok so a long day at work with a nice dose of warm sunshine hugging me! Tomorrow I will be baking cookies to finish off baked goods for my client and her daughters to eat. All but 1 item will be vegan I love it! I daydream about cardio now for some odd reason but also dream about lifting and I get all happy. I don't know what to do about this guy that likes me. I really feel like he is rushing me and it is making me back step but when I say something I hurt his feelings..... I feel like I am the masculine and he is the feminine and dammit that isn't right!!!

Cardio: 25 min walk with dog, 45 min lvl 4 fat burner program on step mill and 50 min boot camp modified due to legs day tomorrow

Into a serious relationship. My schedule is is tight and usually by the time my day is done it is 8:30-9 and I am ready for bed not going out. Routine has become an important part of my life because of my focus issues. When I didn't have routine I was a mess and unhealthy. When my routine gets altered it throws me way off for the day.