Synny's training journal

Today was exactly what I needed in the gym! Work was ok nothing special. I was a bit dizzy during yoga today. I think to many forward folds hahaha. Running wasn't in the cards today so I walked

Cardio: 30 min walk 3.3 at 2%, step mill 30 min lvl 6 fat burner, yoga 50 min

Legs

superset

Squat: 45 lbs 20 reps, 85 lbs 20 reps, 95 lbs 15 reps, 115 lbs 10 reps

Static lunges: 4 sets 20 reps

superset

Weighted walking lunge: 15 lbs 14 reps, 3 sets 20 lbs 14 reps (gotta love dumbbells)

Sled push: 90 lbs, 100 lbs, 125 lbs down room and back

superset

Sumo squat: 35 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 45 lbs 20 reps

Step ups: 20 reps, 2 sets 22 lbs 20 reps

superset

Reverse lunge TKE: 3 sets 15 reps

Single leg deadlift: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

172.0 Again I am going to say that my leg workout had me gain probably water weight. Today I woke up and just felt like I was crawling out of my skin cause I just wanted to move. But the more I was up moving around the more I just wanted to keep going which isn't exactly possible at my job. Really sore from legs yesterday that it did effect boot camp tonight. Tomorrow is weigh in day and I think that is one reason I am crawling out of my skin.....

Cardio: 32 min 2.66 km walk with dog, 22 min 1.88 km walk around neighborhood, 45 min fat burner program lvl 5 step mill, 30 min 5% incline 3.0 treadmill walk, 50 min boot camp

Yes I might have overdone it on cardio today but like I said I just needed to move around

I can say that the scale my trainer had me weigh in on are SOOOOOO off... really 179.4???? Going back Monday to reweigh so he can make sure the scale is right. He did take measurements today and I lost .5" around shoulders, .75" around my chest, .25" around my waist, .25" around hips and .25 around my quad... I think those were the measurements lol. My tummy was growling at that point and just wanted to leave. He thinks the spanx are helping already. Says I have a straight line from side view but think that had to do with the shirt lol. Going to take it easy the next 3 days on cardio and kill it tonight with the trainer for back and biceps. Pulling out foamy and will roll around on him today too and trainer said to bump up my glutamine today so that I can repair. Might need to invest in a better protein powder.....

Ok so today was a much needed rest day. I decided that since I was dressing up for a wedding I would dress up for work and running errands before work. Needless to say I got a TON of compliments. Still a little shocked about all of them. Nearly cried on a few.

dress.thumb.jpg.2cba7b10c910d0632d21bdbfb9da9ed6.jpg

mirror.jpg.79e739f292f956e3a71cc661e375b8e1.jpg

That's great, Synny, I'm glad you're happy. Allow me to share a sage piece of advice from one smart woman to another: watch where the compliments come from.

I've done a few dramatic transformations in my day. I've grown my bright blonde, Barbie doll hair down the middle of my back and then cut it almost Annie Lennox short three times in my life. I've lost large parcels of weight--once, I dropped 280 pounds! (I dumped a 230-pound boyfriend and the fifty pounds that rode in with him.) I went from dressing uber-feminine and frilly to lounging around in relaxed sportswear 24/7 almost overnight. (It was cheaper and took less time in the mirror.) I did all this stuff because the timing was right and I felt like it. The bizarre and varied attention I got for it, however, unnerved me.

At first, the compliments were an awesome high, like crack cocaine, then they felt off for some reason. Then I realized who was giving them: people who never acknowledged my presence before suddenly thought I was pretty when I lost weight. Conversely, guys who flirted with me constantly at the gym treated me like crap when I cropped my hair. I realized then that physical attention is completely arbitrary and, subsequently, a really lame way to rate people. I made a mental note of who treated me differently when I changed my look and I dumped them from my life, both the complimenters and the haters. I was (and am) left with an amazing group of people who love me regardless of my physical appearance. I can become whoever I want and I never have to worry about them, they only notice when I'm happy. Now, THAT'S a compliment.

Baby Herc

Well all the compliments I got came from people who liked me before I lost all the weight. It really made my day when my friend I haven't seen in 3 yrs almost fell over when she saw me. She was like omg I really had no idea you lost this much weight. But yeah know what you mean about taking note of who treats me differently and when

Today was a fairly good day. No complaints but soooo ready for bed. This heat has taken a toll on me more than I realized today. I really noticed it when I went to train and best part is Wednesday is supposed to be triple digits, I don't have air in my car and it is legs day!! LOVE IT!!!!!! I drank over a gallon and a half of water today and back to carrying a gallon jug.

Cardio: 30 min treadmill 5% incline 3.0 speed, 30 min step mill lvl 5 fat burner

Chest/triceps/shoulders

superset

Dumbbell press: 20 lbs 20 reps, 25 lbs 20 reps, 30 lbs 20 reps

Swiss ball crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

superset

Incline press: 20 lbs 20 reps, 25 lbs 20 reps, 25 lbs 20 reps

Band flyes: 3 sets 20 reps

superset

Arnold press: 10 lbs 20 reps, 10 lbs 20 reps, 10 lbs 20 reps

Pushups: 3 sets 20 reps

superset

Kickbacks: 10 lbs 20 reps, 10 lbs 20 reps, 10 lbs 20 reps

Band pressdown: 3 sets 20 reps

The way I do it, is to make all the stuff I can control the same, and weigh myself to notice a weight loss. So I take a sip of water and the Lipo6 in the morning, go for my morning cardio, get home and take off all the sweaty clothes, and any thing more I can get out of my bladder (would love the bowels to empty too - but they do their own thing lately and it is later on in the day = TMI?), and then step on MY scale (that does not move and stays right in its place in the bedroom). I like to do it in the morning because then my tummy is empty, and if I do it later on in the day, the weight will depend on how much water I have drunken, and how much food is still digesting - which can give or take a pound or two (or more if it is high carb day!). And I do it after my morning cardio, to try and empty the bladder and plus I lose some water weight by sweating!

The trainer gets a baseline weight, in which the amount will not change till major bodyfat loss is obtained - which is why the trainer does it either every week, or a certain time period has passed. The weighing at home is for you to see the minor changes that happen day to day.

Ok so tonight I actually kept track of exactly what we did in boot camp! And all I have to say is OMFGWTF!!!!! I decided I needed to treat myself for my news I am hoping to share by the end of the week. I bought a new summer dress and sandals Today was a good day for me.

Cardio: 30 min step mill lvl 5 fat burner, 30 min treadmill 3.0 at 5% incline

Boot camp: we partnered up for this so while 1 was doing the round the other ran up and down the stairs.....

Round 1: 50 jumping jacks

run up and down the stairs

Round 2: 50 jumping jacks, 11 burpees

Round 3: 50 jumping jacks, 11 burpees, 4 man-makers (jump down into plank do pushup, plank row, jump up do overhead press)

Round 4: 50 jumping jacks, 11 burpees, 4 man-makers, 20 mountain climber crossovers

Round 5: 50 jumping jacks, 11 burpees, 4 man-makers, 20 mountain climber crossovers, 10 suicide squat jumps

run up and down stairs

Round 6: 50 jumping jacks, 11 burpees, 4 man-makers, 20 mountain climber crossovers, 10 suicide squat jumps, 10 plank rows

run up and down stairs

Reading back on this I am worn out even more!!!

Yay!!!!!!! Congratulations! You have reached one of your goals that you posted just a little while ago, and you have already done it! Feels good doesn't it? Enjoy the feeling! Doing a little Happy Dance in celebration of YOU!

So I am already looking to next year for challenges to do. I have decided that the rest of this year will be dedicated to building up to running. So far I have decided to do the warrior dash with my bestie and the color run. I want to do the MS bike ride again but if I go for Sept and Oct shows that mght be a little rough on my training... Yesterday was a day of eating conviences (which I paid for in nasty bad bloating!! I was so bloated that I was sweating heavy while doing cardio this morning and dripping which I never do!!!). I was out in the yard mwoing, pulling weeds, bagging everything up, hanging laundry out to dry, helping my kinda guy cut back the wines, thorn bushes and beginginng saplings. I think we found a cardinal nest in the ladder beside the house. One of the eggs fell out cause we didn't know it was there but I took my little pruners and gently picked it up with them and put it back in the nest. I went out this morning to water the garden and a female cardnial took off like a bat out of hell cause I was close to the nest. I am more determined to turn the backyard into a nice habitat for all creatures! I found a doe eating from my honeysuckle bush just the other day too! Funny how living just outside of city limits offers a nice taste of country life

Ok so this morning I thought I would try road running.... I did ok but prefer the treadmill lol. I am so determined to run a 5k this year! A girl from the gym told me about a 5k Parkinson's run in October I can aim for!!! Bye bye step mill hello treadmill I can already do a quarter mile on the treadmill. Need to get out and mark quarter mile marks on the road so I can keep track there lol

the road is the bomb! All my years of working out...nothing compares to an 8 miler on a hot day on a long stretch n my canyon! (ok, the beach...and I ran along the Bosphorus River one year...and trails in SF...and once I ran across Golden Gate bridge...and in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas...and along some beach in Costa Rica...and in Colorado outside of Boulder)...so, for your 5K training..in he words of the Goddess Nike, "Just Do it"