Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is a total rest day. No intentions of going to the gym. I saved my bib and found the pics of me from the run to print off. Going to take my favorite pics, my bib and have them framed.

Can I just say I don't like complete rest days??? I am going crazy over wanting to go to the gym to do at least cardio. Hell being on bed rest when sick makes me stir crazy let alone being healthy and able to workout and told I can't......

Decided that I needed a bit of a new look and chopped off about 1/3 of my hair. Feel much better to sit down and pull my hair out. Going to take a bit to get used to... Thinking about ignoring trainer and go to the gym and get on the treadmill for a nice long walk

I am going so stir crazy that I am sifting through my black beans pulling out the broken bits.....Yeah hair cut was radical but had to be done. I was tired of sitting on it and pulling my hair when I went to move. A whole week?!?! And no coffee?!?! Um no thanks count me out!!!!

omg i love chai lattes!!!! the bakery I go to makes the best and I want their recipe so i can make my own. gonna make some coconut milk tomorrow to use up the coconut flakes I have. Wasn't a fan of the rice milk when I made it. Can I just say that my baked potato i made for dinner is evil... I was taking it out of the oven and it popped open and steamed between 2 fingers and it burns like hell!!!

Funny, baked potatoes came up in another thread I saw earlier and I was going to bake some simply because I haven't had one for years. I like to put refried beans or chilli beans on top, mmmm. We used to have a guy in our city centre that did awesome spuds but he went when our earthquakes demolished everything. Bugger it, I'm gonna have a go at doing them myself being the great chef that I am lol.

How do you make your rice milk? I normally drink oat milk mainly because I like the taste, but it's lactose + cholesterol free which is also good.

I used 1c long grain brown rice cook in 8c water with a sprinkle of salt, bring to a boil and then simmer covered for 3 hrs. Cool. fill blender half with rice and its water and half a blender of water, strain through cheesecloth and repeat until all rice is blended. It was ok but not a fan of rice milk to drink. I love it to bake with

Trying my hand at making mock raw tuna today. Has to be cheaper than buying it at the store all the time and this way I control the flavor I want . Now I get to play the hurry up and wait game... put in some applications just hope someone calls me back soon. With my birthday coming up I kinda want to be able to afford to do something lol. Also going to make some coconut milk today too. Need to experiment to see which milk I like that is homemade...