CLIF BARS!

kollision

I just bought those Clif Builder Bars (cookies 'n cream)... OMG, they are SO DELISH! Yum! And totally loaded with protein! I just wish they had less saturated fat, but I hardly eat any sat. fat in my diet, so I guess it's ok. But man are they good!!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite is the Peanut Butter Crunch with chocolate chips

I find the Clif bars to be MUCH more affordable than some of the others.

Where I live

Clif = $1.69

Vega = $3.99

(Canadian dollars of course)

Clif = $1.69

Vega = $3.99

Understandable, in light of the fact that Clif bars use considerably cheaper, processed ingredients, with a lot of added sugar.

Clif bar:

Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Organic Soy Flour, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice...

Vega:

Dates, hemp protein, almond butter, organic sprouted whole flax seeds, agave nectar, almonds, raisins, sesame seeds, organic sprouted mung beans, organic wheat grass, lemon juice, organic dulse

Clif Bars are also in MASS Market so they will be very cheap. I can get them for $.79 per bar! Very cheap! They've been around for what, 10 years or longer?

I also love Clif Bars but they are just a healthier candy bar, still not full to true healthful ingredients. I'm very confident the price of Vega bars and powder will go down over the years. The more popular they get, the more the price will drop, just as the case with many products as they lean more to mainstream.

Both are great, one will save you a bit of money, and one can actually improve your health (only whole food based and totally raw)

[

Understandable, in light of the fact that Clif bars use considerably cheaper, processed ingredients, with a lot of added sugar.

Clif bar:

Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Organic Soy Flour, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice...

Vega:

Dates, hemp protein, almond butter, organic sprouted whole flax seeds, agave nectar, almonds, raisins, sesame seeds, organic sprouted mung beans, organic wheat grass, lemon juice, organic dulse

I agree. Clif bars are less expensive, but also "cheaper" in the sense of lower quality. If you look at nutritional density, the Vega bars are 'worth' more. When it comes to whole, nutritious foods vs. processed foods, the former wins every time in my book.

There's no denying the fact that Vega is far superior re: ingredients.

However, when I'm looking at a bar for mid morning or mid afternoon snack how can I justify paying $2.31 more per bar? Especially when one of my biggest issues is protein and they both pack 10grams.

Don't get me wrong... If I could, I'd pick Vega every time but the cost is pretty steep.

Don't worry, I think it will go down when it becomes more mainstream. I totally know where you are coming from. I still collect cans and bottles and turn them in for 5 cents each in order to pay my bills and keep on running my little business

Last time I competed I had to get help from the forum members who donated money to me to help me travel. This time, my family helped me out because I can't afford to travel. So I wouldn't be able to spend a couple dollars on bars either.

I think they are nutritionally superior and when they become more mainstream and the demand goes up, the price will go down. Granted, it might take a while, but that is how it works with lots of products, food and other items. It just takes time. So if you can't always buy the Vega bars yourself, encourage friends to, so the overall comsumption goes up.

Also check out their website or magazine offers for Free Samples.