Committing to the cut.

Is anyone else suffering from the same thing. I decide right, I'm ready to cut. Get almost to the desired bodyfat % but then get tired and eat too much for a week or so thinking I'll gain some muscle and then back to square 1. Its never ending. I need to man up and commit to this, but why do I keep falling down the same trap....

then get tired

A little more explanation on this part. Just what does 'then get tired' mean?

Because when I get a certain kind of tired, I take a nap.

When I am cutting, I always feel a certain kind of tired, and I take green tea or yerba mate tea.

Just a few kind of 'tired's that I have experienced.

If you mean that I am tired of doing all this cutting/dieting stuff, then that I also know, and that is when you show yourself what kind of person you are, and what you can handle. Not everybody can cut, at least not all the time (that is why I love off season bulking. . . only 2 more months left, and I will be so ready to get this layer of fat off of me! - heck I am ready now!).

Often physically tired, i need to nap, but eat to keep fuel in the tank cos I'm busy. I don't really get "tired of the cutting" because I love the rewards, but sometimes I get so happy i feel like my mission accomplished and then slack off, again back to square 1. I must look into this green tea or yerba mate tea. Cheers

Green tea and yerba mate tea have caffeine to keep you going (so does a cup of coffee, which has alot of caffeine in it and can give you the jitters because it has so much in it).

Sounds to me like you need a maintenance program to implement after you have cut. Which takes some tinkering with the diet, and how much you still plan to workout (weights and cardio). Ease in some more calories (what percentage of carbs, fats, and protein is the tinkering part) and see what works for you, and what doesn't. Nothing like being with so low bodyfat and a clean diet, that one little increase/decrease here and there can show you results fast. At least that has been my experience. I remember one time when I was at my peak cutting weight, I ate a whole pint of strawberries as a reward (fruit had been off of my diet for about 6 weeks by this time). While I was digesting the strawberries, I also laid out in the sun to tan (and it was a warm 80 degree day). The combination of warmth and glucose flowing freely in my veins, made them swell up. I had such vascularity for about 20 minutes that afternoon. I loved the one that popped out over my abs like a big mighty tree.

You might want to look around for articles like "what to do after the competitions are over and you just want to maintain for awhile (-like for photo shoots and guest posing routines). They helped me out alot. Not only with just how to eat, but the mentality to maintain while doing it (motivation mostly - instead of the blues that usually come - after comp depression).

Don't have a maintenance diet just yet. I am in the bulking stage right now, and I do not worry about bodyfat at the moment. In March I will switch gears and then cut. I haven't been cut for a couple of years now, so I will have to find a new maintenance diet for myself this the summer (in between the competitions). And what worked for me back then, might not work for me this year.

ahh fair enough, best of luck dude. Im trying my best to fins mine and be realistic. I find that if i go back simple rules such as as 1high protein as possible, 2 nearly all whole nutritious & varied foods and 3, waiting for hunger/check whether i'm not just thirsty before eating It should do the job. Other than that, plenty of sleep and plenty of exercise. esier said than done