Doug Robson Journal (vegandougie)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got a before already posted earlier in this thread - you can't miss it I look like a yeti

I think I shall run it for 8 weeks- is this long enough? Not including this week of course as I am just establishing 1RM. Thanks again by the way I feel really confident I shall get somewhere this time. The support has been incredible here.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.371214,-0.776693

Hey Doug,

Just wanted to drop by and see how your doing, hope you had a great weekend.

I like seeing your off to a great start with the workout MiniForklift laid out for you, he is a good guy and inspirational.

I know what its like when you start new exercises or like your trying to find your 1RM, because its like your not sure what weight to start with, but your doing a great job so keep up the good work.

Matt

I have got a before already posted earlier in this thread - you can't miss it I look like a yeti

I think I shall run it for 8 weeks- is this long enough? Not including this week of course as I am just establishing 1RM. Thanks again by the way I feel really confident I shall get somewhere this time. The support has been incredible here.

You should make sure you take a photo right at the start of this programme, 8 weeks is a good amount of time IMO. I am sure you will get some great results mate

Ok had about of an accident, my own fault. I was in a rush yesterday as myself, my wife isabel and sister in law raquel. Went to a training seminar on using google plus to help enhance are pet care business. Anyway long and short of it is I wanted to get through my workout quickly as we got back late and didn't warm up properly.

I train in the garage which is very cold as well. I think I strained something in my lower back and aggravated my old injury and the sciatic pain has flared up. I have decided to step back from the weights for a few days until the inflammation settles down. So until further notice my journal is on pause.

I feel frustrated but I guess I shall have to learn patience. However this gives me the ideal opportunity to slow down a bit and read more motivational stuff and to re- focus on my goals.

Hope to get back to it soon

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.371081,-0.776170

Doug,

Sorry to hear about your accident. Just keep eating right and you'll keep on track, take your time to get back to the gym. Make sure you feel right before you jump back into it.

As for the motivational books and audio, they come in handy for times like these.

Keep going mate.

Matt

DOUG!!!!! Man, I've been offline for a while and missed you!! I'll read through your journal more carefully later on, but just scanning over the last page, sorry to hear you hurt your back! You'll be back at it in no time, though, I'm sure of it!

Take care!

Karen

Hi Karen

Welcome back thought I had scared you off with my bad jokes:)

Glad to see you back though. Nothing serious just a strain and inflamed it. Just taking a light break until it settles. Have you seen the workout MF has outlined for me? Looks good and can't wait to get started again.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.370993,-0.776234

Hey buddy! Nah, you can't scare me away with a few bad jokes!

Hey, Robert and I are shipping prize packages out, and I've got a box with your name on it!

How's your back doing? How are you feeling in general?

Hope all's well!

Haha, I just noticed that each line starts with an "h". Maybe that's a clue that I should expand my vocabulary.

It's Monday morning and I am sat in the car outside work using tap talk to check my journal. Karen you have totally removed the Monday morning blues with that news - thank you.

My back is feeling better, I have slight pain isolated to my left hip area but I am going to get back to it this evening. Obviously I shall be careful and will have to monitor the pain levels but I can't sit around doing nothing otherwise I will lose my momentum.

Again thanks for this I am really made up - so I can't scare you away with bad jokes eh, you realise you've just opened up whole can of worms now

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.029476,-0.799389

Ok back into it again, this workout felt good and although i found it hard to get the motivation, once i started it felt great

Thanks Karen, yeah i had a fantastic day. All the better for the good news - i have been telling anyone who would listen

My nutrition for the day has been much better than previous weeks, i shall try to log more consistantly but i find it such a pain working it all out into macros.

Snack

1 banana, 2 oranges

peanuts (handful) and a tomato (raw - i love tomatos and like to eat them like an apple with just a pinch of salt)

Lunch

Tempeh - marinated in agave and dried chily flakes (my version of sweet chily sauce), soya, pepper.

Lambs lettuce - you know lettuce what lambs eat

1 carrot cut into chunks

Bread roll

Snack

soya yogurt

Pre workout: creatine, pea protein powder, soy milk approx 300ml

Post workout:creatine, soy, pea and hemp, soy milk

Evening dinner: baked beans on seeded, wholemeal toast 2 slices.

Training

Exercise Weight Reps

Bench Press (Barbell, Incline)

1RM: 43.3 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 1455.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 32.5 kg

1 20.00 kg 12

2 20.00 kg 12

3 32.50 kg 10

4 32.50 kg 10

5 32.50 kg 10

Flyes (Dumbbell, Flat Bench)

1RM: 8.0 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 276.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 6.0 kg

1 4.00 kg 12

2 4.00 kg 12

3 6.00 kg 10

4 6.00 kg 10

5 6.00 kg 10

Shoulder Press (Barbell)

1RM: 27.9 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 760.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 22.5 kg

1 20.00 kg 10

2 20.00 kg 10

3 22.50 kg 8

4 22.50 kg 8

Front Raises (Dumbbell)

1RM: 5.0 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 112.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 4.0 kg

1 2.00 kg 12

2 2.00 kg 12

3 4.00 kg 8

4 4.00 kg 8

Lateral Raises (Dumbbell)

1RM: 2.7 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 60.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 2.0 kg

1 2.00 kg 10

2 2.00 kg 10

3 2.00 kg 10

Close-Grip Bench Press (Barbell)

1RM: 31.0 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 1080.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 25.0 kg

1 20.00 kg 12

2 20.00 kg 12

3 25.00 kg 8

4 25.00 kg 8

5 25.00 kg 8

Bench Dips

Total Weight Lifted: 3375.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 75.0 kg (body weight approx)

1 75.00 kg 15

2 75.00 kg 15

3 75.00 kg 15

Ok i know i am going to have to get my butt in gear and organize my meals a bit better but it fills me up, i don't feel hungry and it was delicious.

Thanks MF, it was a good workout I enjoyed it.

Matt no I don't have a meal plan as such, more of a rough guide in my head. When I sit down to write something up it's like I have blank moment but the meal I listed above is typical of the kind of things I eat in a day.

Anyway cardio today. I managed 30 mins, 10km and 268 cals burned on the ecliptic trainer as per usual.

I have got fresh joke while I remember:

A man walks into the doctors with a frog on his head.

The doctor says 'what seems to be the problem?'

To which the frog replies ' can you help me, i seem to have a man stuck to my bum?!'

Thanks MF, it was a good workout I enjoyed it.

Matt no I don't have a meal plan as such, more of a rough guide in my head. When I sit down to write something up it's like I have blank moment but the meal I listed above is typical of the kind of things I eat in a day.

Anyway cardio today. I managed 30 mins, 10km and 268 cals burned on the ecliptic trainer as per usual.

I have got fresh joke while I remember:

A man walks into the doctors with a frog on his head.

The doctor says 'what seems to be the problem?'

To which the frog replies ' can you help me, i seem to have a man stuck to my bum?!'

Try and get a meal plan written down and stick to it, then you can review it like you would your workouts. You will be able to see if your eating too much or not enough.

Thats why i eat the same food everyday and try for the same time of day too, it supplies your body with the nutrition it needs all day long.

I love jokes so keep them coming, by the way are you a football fan and if so who is your team?

matt

ok weds workout for you.

Glad you liked the joke Karen - i am a geek though not a nerd - tut tut Anyway I hope you doing OK, hows your training going?

Matt I am more of a Snooker fan and also like Rugby (Northampton All saints is my team as i went to Uni in Northampton and now live in the county).

I do like football but i don't follow it avidly, my team is Newcastle United so can you blame me - my dad is a Geordy so it was pretty much ordained at birth that i would follow the toon army

So here goes for my workout:

Stiff Leg Deadlifts

1RM: 66.7 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 1900.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 50.0 kg

1 20.00 kg 10

2 50.00 kg 10

3 40.00 kg 10

4 40.00 kg 10

5 40.00 kg 10

Bent Over Row (Dumbbell, One-Arm)

1RM: 13.3 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 340.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 10.0 kg

1 10.00 kg 10

2 8.00 kg 10

3 8.00 kg 10

4 8.00 kg 10

Squat rack chinup

1RM: 100.0 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 2250.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 75.0 kg

1 75.00 kg 10

2 75.00 kg 10

3 75.00 kg 10

Arm Curls (Dumbbell, Incline)

1RM: 5.3 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 156.0 kg

1 2.00 kg 10

2 2.00 kg 10

3 4.00 kg 10

4 4.00 kg 10

5 4.00 kg 9

Hammer curls

1RM: 5.3 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 160.0 kg

1 2.00 kg 10

2 2.00 kg 10

3 4.00 kg 10

4 4.00 kg 10

5 4.00 kg 10

Again this felt pretty good - i did feel i could go stronger with the deadlifts but i did not want to push to much so close to last weeks sciatic flare up. All in all i feel i am on track and i am loving this routine.

Fridays workout and what it lacked in quantity was made up for in intensity:

A quick note also - i have been feeling a lot less depressed these past few weeks, i am convinced the training is controlling it, so another benefit of keeping active perhaps?

2012-02-24

Exercise Weight Reps

Squats

1RM: 66.7 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 2000.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 50.0 kg

80 = 1rm

1 20.00 kg 10

2 20.00 kg 10

3 50.00 kg 10

4 50.00 kg 10

5 50.00 kg 12

Good Mornings

1RM: 53.3 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 1775.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 40.0 kg

55 =1rm

1 20.00 kg 10

2 20.00 kg 10

3 40.00 kg 10

4 32.50 kg 10

5 32.50 kg 10

6 32.50 kg 10

Lunges (Barbell)

1RM: 43.3 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 1240.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 32.5 kg

55=1rm

1 20.00 kg 10

2 32.50 kg 10

3 32.50 kg 10

4 32.50 kg 12

Just a quick post today but i may pop by over the weekend. I am really feeling it today - my legs have gone all wobbly, which luck would have it reminded me of a joke, this one was a classic in my Uni days:

Q: What do you call a donkey with only 3 legs?

A: A wonkey

Which is a bit how i feel - a bit wonkey.

Have a great weekend and remember 'a stranger is just someone i don't know'

A wonkey? Hmm... It pains me to say this, but... I don't get it. But, that doesn't change the fact that I'm absolutely thrilled you've been feeling better the past few weeks! I can relate, as I'd have to say the same thing is true for myself. I mean, I still have not-so-good days, but overall, I'm feeling pretty good in most areas!

Have a wonderful weekend!